cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

vinven

Hello, been trying to quit off and on for a while now.

My name is Desmond, I have been smoking since I was a teenager. Getting into my 30's, I know now is the time I really need to quit. Smoking is ingrained in my life, my entire daily schedule sorted by cigarette breaks. I have extreme difficulty quiting due to this.

I have quit once before for a couple of weeks due to becoming sick and unable to smoke. However all it took was one really stressful and depressing day to get me back into it. Even when I had quit though, I still felt those cravings. It sucks so much that for no matter how long I quit, I will always want a smoke now and then, remembering how it felt.

Anyways, I found this website which hopefully can help me quit in the future. I tried the patch before and didn't like it, as mentioned I'm used to a schedule of breaks. I was considering trying the gum, and taking gum breaks instead of smoke breaks. One problem is whenever I do try to quit, I become incredibly aggravated. I've given bruises and even a scar to my closest friends in the world while trying to quit. Hopefully the gum might lesson that effect on my attitude.

0 Kudos
0 Replies