Give and get support around quitting

pahart12

LGBT

Congrats Rob!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
159 Replies
kajikodomo

I'm pansexual and genderqueer, and with finally figuring out who I really am, I realized that I had tied smoking into it.  I've had a lot of lung problems since I started smoking, and I want to live out my life as healthfully as possible for myself and for my partner.  I'm so glad this group exists! 😄

0 Kudos
kajikodomo

Oh, and my quit date is today!  I'm smoking my last cigarette at noon today!

0 Kudos
jeffculler

Hey everyone! I'm Jeff in Kentucky and I smoked my last cigarette last night....doing lots of gum now!

Glad to find a GLBT group on here and look forward to supporting my brothers and sisters in this victory!

Best of luck to all of you.

0 Kudos
blueeyedcubtn

I am so excited to announce that I actually have completely quit A WHOLE MONTH before my official quit date! This was my birthday gift to myself this year...which is my 30th...SMOKE FREE AS OF FEBRUARY 7!

0 Kudos
censation

I'm very glad I found this site, I'm a gay blk male 50 yrs old Hiv-pos. and have been smoking since I was 11 yrs old.

Now it's truly time to quit this disgusting habit I was just recently diagnosed with anal cancer and my first reaction was this was it I was dying but by God's Grace I was told I was cancer-free on Feb3rd once again, God was by my side I have witness the dangers that smoking can pose and I am truly getting tired of gasping for my birth. Today being cancer-free I realize how

important my body is, and today I want to start taking care of me first by giving up smoking and I look forward to all the support I

recieve here.

0 Kudos
sbux10778

hello everyone! Im taylor from chicago and I have set my quit date for april 4th . Any tips on cuttiing back? I quit last year for two months and then my girl left me and feel back into it but im ready now!

0 Kudos
grithnir

Hello I just quit today, but I have had three cigarettes already with patches.  I wanted more support like one on one, and if that means emailing people or talking with people on the phone I am very willing.  I tried NicAnon meetings last night but am not good with groups.  I am a gay schizo-affective male, that has been through a lot in the past two weeks.  My chaos has left me and I am ready to quit and was merely told to continue with a morning cigarette if I had to for the first week, but I have had three.  It is almost lunch time and then I will stop drinking coffee but please add me as a friend and help me out if you can or would like too.  Thank you, just joined the site so am not familiar with it.

Grithnir

0 Kudos

Hey, I'm Ariiana, and I 'quit' for the New Years, to only pick the habit back up a week later. I'm bisexual, but I'm more attracted to females. I am a senior in high school and I still live with my parents, but they don't know that I started back up again. Smoking is not a habit that I want to keep, I reeeally want to quit, I just dont know how I can do it. It's really hard. I need some support so, feel free to add me as a friend because I would really appreciate some help. Im looking for support and I really think that it would help alot in my quitting.

0 Kudos
gracielvr

Hi there, gay male in las vegas here.  I'm new to this sort of thing, frankly because i didn't think I needed anyone else's help to quit.  I've smoked on and off for about 6 years now, since I was 20.  I am a huge health and fitness buff, yet even that hasn't gotten me to conquer the smoking addiction.  I'm not even sure what my triggers are.  I've tracked my cigarettes before.  Actually I know what my triggers are when I actually do smoke.  It's just that I quit and there's a trigger that makes me go to the store and pick up a pack and smoke them until i get disgusted with myself and toss them away.  I'll be smoke free for a few days, until the desire to pick up a pack comes back.  I just want to be done, once and for all.  A lot of the reason i pick up the pack is because when i smoke I know it's wrong.  It feels wrong to light up and it feels like i'm doing something naughty and bad.  It makes me feel rebellious because everyone says, "Oh you shouldn't smoke." I know it sounds quirky. lol  Hopefully someone can offer me some guidance in the matter.  Until then, I've gotta give it my all.  Thanks

0 Kudos
janel3

I quit in the beginning of January but lately I have really really really really wanted to smoke. I ran into my cousin the other day and she told me that I was going to hell according to the bible (I'm bisexual). Since then, I really want to smoke. Because I don't want to feel. i want to numb myself out and I can't drink as I am also a recovering alcoholic. I got all kinds of addictions going on...I'm not sure I can get down none, no what I mean?? For right now, I'm not gonna smoke.

Can't speak for 5 minutes from now though.

Janel

0 Kudos