LGBT

Congrats Rob!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
159 Replies
ray11

Every Gay at this site a CLOSET CASE? Ray

0 Kudos

Day 2, and doing ok. It is really hard, but I want to get through it. Are there any other newly quit folks out there?

0 Kudos
debbi2

hello all glad to have found this room.  i have been on chantix for 7 weeks and need some serious support.  my quit date is feb 11th, i go 10 hours a day at work without smoking but as soon as i get  in the car i have to lite up, hell i need to quit for health reasons too. any suggestions will be helpful. thanx

0 Kudos
sr_2

Go for it, KC!  Like you say, there's plenty out there making life challenging for us LGBT folks, no sense adding more onto that by smoking. Have you seen the materials about RJ Reynolds' marketing targeted at our community? The market research they did back then was under the heading of "Project S.C.U.M." Screw that. I'm quitting 1/19.

0 Kudos
edith2

Count me in!  We ALL deserve to be smoke-free!  We can do together what we couldn't do alone!  Yeah, baby!!

0 Kudos
econ42

Hey peeps,

This is an excellent site to join together as a group. I have been without a cigarette for two weeks now, and I feel wonderful. I need to find additional activities to do like exercise, eat candy, and walk. but i am fighting those nasty urges. Lets keep our support group open,

0 Kudos
klbkarkay

Hello everyone,

This is my first day of being smoke free.  So far, it's been 12 hours since I quit.  So far I'm not having a lot of urges even after having a meal here recently.  I'm going to take that as a good sign.  Have a good day.

0 Kudos
jill33

The first day is always the roughest.....but will power will get you through it......it's been 2 weeks and 3 days for myself and my girlfriend......but each and everyday it is a battle and i wanna eat everything in sight....but at least I am startin to breathe better now....good luck to everyone 🙂

0 Kudos
kdhobxn

Grateful for this group. No Nic/Smokers Anon. in my area. I have smoked for thirty years (less one, when I quit a few years ago). I quit because of a serious cancer scare. The problem has not gone away and my doc says he thought "it" would have eaten through my face by now! It still might. But I have a chance. The pain of the present is greater than the fear of a future without smokes. I plan to taper with 2mg gum 4-5 times-a-day. Thats how I did it before, and I stayed stopped for exactly one year. I celebrated by feeding my addiction for two more tears! Insanity is knowing what to do and not doing it. I'm glad you're all here! I've just had my last cig. Gum in the morning. 7 day taper...

0 Kudos
eastbrook

I have set a quit date of 16 January 2010, the day after my birthday.  I have smoked for 38 years, beginning after high school when working at the time at a jewelry manufacturing factory.  My prime reasons for quitting are health and cost.  I am enrolled in a program starting with 21 mg nicotine patches.  Being a member of the GLBT community has enough pressures so welcome any and all encouragement.  Thanks for stepping forward and creating "our" group as we have enough factors against us!

0 Kudos