Give and get support around quitting

pahart12

LGBT

Congrats Rob!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
159 Replies
julee

Hello. I'm going to leave a message here to see if it triggers email notification that someone on this list is looking for company. I quit smoking yesterday. All is well. If you're busy, no prob. I can join the conversations on the other lists... Don't worry about me...
0 Kudos
jacob5

This room is awful quiet. 😛
0 Kudos
daniel2

Hey! I'm new to the site and I'm excited about starting my new smoke-free life 🙂 Anyone who wants to chat or be friends, please feel free to send me a message! 🙂
0 Kudos
dan15

The room is kinda quiet, isn't it? I have only been smoke free since 1/1/09. It wasn't exactly a new years resolution. I tried for a quit date of 12/11/08, but all I can honestly say is the last time I 'cheated' was 12/31. I don't want to help the tobacco executives get richer any more!

So how many in this group are still smoke free today?
0 Kudos
daniel2

ME! Granted, it's only day 2, but this site is really helping. I'm too busy on here to go outside and smoke! it's great lol
0 Kudos
a.d.

I know Daniel, I am a little bit addicted to this website today.

Dan, congrats on your 6 days. I am not smoke free yet. But I am getting more excited about it.
0 Kudos
dan15

A.D. It's not easy, but it's worth it. There's a sense of freedom that goes with knowing you don't have to plan your life around cigarettes any more. You can look forward to your quit date with joyful anticipation...not with fear.
0 Kudos
dan-dunn

I have not been here in a while. Life happens, but still am smoke free after 8 months. hope all of you are doing well with being stopped, and hope this is a great smoke free year for you all.
0 Kudos
a.d.

I guess it is a sense of freedom. I keep forgetting that I don't smoke. I don't have to rush outside at commercial break, I don't have to stop at the store.

Hi there Dan Dunn, and how is other Dan? Erick, I see you made it through detox! How's it going?
0 Kudos