cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dsspurdens

Just joined..

I am not really sure if I am posting this in the right forum. I am introducing myself as a new member here at the Ex website. I do not want to be repetitious and state what I already have in my profile. I am here because I need to quit and realize I have better chances if I have people going thru the same pains as I will be soon; people I can talk to. I have been smoking most my life. I have quit once using The American Lung Association's program, but somehow managed to muck that up. I am the First tasting Chef for a prestigous catering company in Colorado. I also am a full time student, studying Industrial Organizational Psychology, so taking care of myself has not been my highest priority. My quit date is going to be after my finals in school are over in two weeks, but also when I will start working 75 hour work weeks, maybe work will keep my mind off of things? I plan on quiting using both the patch and gum, because I was still getting serious urges for nicotine last time i was on the patch, so when this would happen I would smoke; i think if i chew on the gum during these moment I can get past it. Anyone else try to quit this way? Anyhow, look forward to the community. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
joyeuxencore

We all hang out in blogs.

Click the link and come join us!

http://community.becomeanex.org/mod/blog/everyone.php

0 Kudos
whipper

Attack this quit with STRENGTH and CONFIDENCE. You can and will quit.  Wishing you smokefree strongdays!  

0 Kudos