cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kaseykickedit

Just joined!

I quit last Friday 4/23...its been really tough!  I have been an emotional freak...crying everyday.  Is that normal?  I joined because I need the extra support.  The positive side is I haven't smoked in 5 1/2 days :)!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
risti

Stay strong to yourself. im still on the cutting down part but.. i hope i dont cry! lol

0 Kudos
laurib77

My quit date is May 5...I am cutting down (well...a little) up to that day. I am scared to death.

0 Kudos
Rick_M

Wow almost a week in Kasey. You are doing great.  A little bit of an emotoinal rollercoaster ride for a while. It is the withdrawal from the nicotine. You will be back to your oldself soon. Just give it some time. Keep it up, getting that first week in is hugh and you are nearly there. I wish you well. 

0 Kudos
cathi4

Yes the crying game is a big part but remember that all of this passes as the quit progresses. Check www.whyquit.com for knowledge to make you stronger. All these withdrawal stages pass pretty quickly. Read and reread these blogs for support to use this site! We are all so worth this and you are getting through the toughest part. Protect your quit!

You Rock and I am proud of you! Hang in there!

0 Kudos
rj_

CONGRATS...you have eliminated all nicotine from your blood and are healing on schedule, it does get easier, and easier, yes there are emotional aspects ( crying etc) believe it or not you willl go through the 5 stages of grief anger, denial, bargining, acceptance and healing...just like some one who has life trauma such as divorce, death in family etc...

Just remember time makes all the differnece an you will succeed as long as you never take another puff..not one puff ever NTAP NOPE...

Education will help, go do some reading at www.whyyquit.com it will explain a lot of issues.

Regards to ya...RJ Free at Last 956 days after 32+yrs of feeding the addiction.

0 Kudos
dozer3

Glad to hear someone else is crying...I too have been crying ...just over come with emotion....and I have to tell people around me I just quit..WOW...even strangers support you when you tell them you quit...That is a great feeling...I am on day 6..........and still crying now and then

0 Kudos