Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kody2

January Quitters

THIS MY 2ND START  WILL JOIN YOU ON QUIT DATE

Tags (1)
478 Replies
WLFSRFAMILY

Just to update you all here I got fed up with it and quit at 5:30 in the morning on the 13th. so 2 whole days in    we can do this

0 Kudos
lisacomingore

Hi everyone!  My quit date was originally set for 1/26, but things intervened (long story) and it became 10:00 PM on 1/12/15!  So now I'm well into Day 3 and doing well.  Not saying it's easy, but I'm doing it!  I hope you are all hanging in there as well!

0 Kudos
winebandit

My quit date was 1/12 almost a week without a smoke!

0 Kudos
elizabeth101

I just quit today and am so glad I found this January Quitters 2015 group!  : )  I have quit for up to 2 years in the past, but picked up and it's been another 2 years of smoking--not anymore as of today.  I can totally do this!!!  Thank you all for being here.  Joining in the forums and blogs is something new, and I hope will (continue to be) helpful. 

cb26dh:  DRIVING AND SMOKING???  Go ahead and clean your windows on the inside of your car.  Smeeeearsmeaeeeer---over and over---seemingly endlessly to get clean clear glass.  Oh, and don't forget to look at the rags you use to get the smoke grime off those precious windows. ; )

0 Kudos
ruralgrl

10:30 pm on the 1/13/2015 was my last smoke. Today I am on day 5!!! I was doing great today until my daughter called and said her water broke and she is on her way to the hospital... Now I am fighting the craving of all cravings...... I will ride this out, slowly get ready and drive straight to the hospital without stopping at the store.... My mind (the voice) is telling me otherwise... but little does it understand I am in the drivers seat.

0 Kudos
jay113

My last cigarette was Friday evening- Jan 16th, 2015.

Today is Day 2. I have quit cold turkey except for this patch called "Zero Nicotine" which doesn't have nicotine and instead- all natural ingredients. I don't know if it's placebo or working- but Day 1 went by without a hitch. HAlf of day two was fine.

I bought it off Groupon in December and decided that the day it arrives in the  mail- I will slap it on and be on my merry way to a smoke free life.

I usually smoke 4-6 cigs a day- and on some days even less than that. Still- it's a bad bad habit- and i've been smoking for close to 20 years now. 

The second hafl of today- Day 2- was/is super challenging. I have looked up yoga poses for quitting. Done the poses. Have drank so much water. Done an exhilerating excercize class. Eaten like a beast (it's ok- I have to get through Day 3 and then I'll ease up on this I hope). The problem is- I feel....restless, anxious and um...like my heart is beating really fast. ANd a little giddy- like nervous giddy.

thus- the group join.

I would love to hear how everyone else is feeling physically. 

0 Kudos
CatsRsmart

My quit date was Jan 1st. I have not smoked in 2015. My first personal goal was to get a head start before my 52nd birthday. (Jan 15th) I have smoked since I was a teenager.Some days are not easy. I am using a patch and gum. Hubby is wavering and possibly dishonest. I am concerned I'm not strong enough to live with a smoker and quit for good this time. (I quit before and made it 4 1/2months).I saw my dad suffer wtih lung cancer. I have been overly "rewarding" myself by putting 20.00 a day in a jar. (I didn't spend that much. 1 pack a day at 6.50). I set an amount of what its value was to me, in money terms.Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Just found this site.

0 Kudos
tjsmom0818

Quit 1/12/2015 I am using the patch I don't really have cravings I don't want to smoke but I get bored and when I get bored it runs through my mind just to give my hands something to do. I slipped today because my husband is a smoker and leaves his pack in the living room I wasn't thinking about smoking I just saw the pack the funny thing is the smell of it made me gag and the first puff I felt like I could taste every toxion in it I put it out I put it down I think I am over my need to smoke I don't really have a reason why i started in the first place i smoked for 7 years and after 7 years I was a light smoker less then 5 a day so I really think it was just something to do but I am done with it I am better then that and I love life far to much to keep harming myself.

0 Kudos
WLFSRFAMILY

Day 9 and still going strong

0 Kudos
maverick11

So my quit date WAS New Years day but that was before I found this place... I know this is for January quit dates, but I re-evaluated because I had made my decision and executed it, but without preparation. Managed to make it 10 days. Then I slipped back into full swing so my new quit date is 2/6/15.

Is it odd that I am scared?

0 Kudos