Give and get support around quitting

kody2

January Quitters

THIS MY 2ND START  WILL JOIN YOU ON QUIT DATE

Tags (1)
478 Replies
KV01

Welcome Dyanne,

You seem to have already joined the group! Nothing more to be done. Just stay close and good luck on your upsoming quit!!

We can do this!

0 Kudos
KV01

Welcome to the group QuickDoughts!

I agree with you, having a support group and this website to turn to when we are quitting is definitely helpful. Sometimes having support is the one thing that makes the difference in being successful. Especially since you'll have people rooting for you and we'll all get to share our month anniversaries here 🙂

0 Kudos
CinnamonWings

Can I join your group? My quit date is January 10th.

0 Kudos

i would like to join the group my day is 1/12/15

0 Kudos
markarian

Hi. I don't set quit date but yesterday I decided to jump on the wagon, again. Tried a few times in the past 2 years with no success. The hard part is that my partner still smoke and it's very hard for me to not to. I do not want to tell my other friends or family because when I slipped before, they were mean to me saying that I have no nerves to quit. I can't get support from most of them. My partner 'support' me but does smoke, not in the house but he goes out and when he does, I know why he's going out and it gives me the idea to go out with him. Does anyone have ideas how I can get rid of that problem ? I do not want to get rid of him !!! Thank you

0 Kudos
KV01

Welcome all new group members!

Everyone is welcome to join - all you have to do is click on "join group" on the left hand side of the group page 🙂

0 Kudos
raytheon

I'm kinda Jelly! I like the sound of "Strength in Numbers!" Too bad I quit 42 days ago.

0 Kudos
CinnamonWings

Markarian

It sounds like your partner is a trigger. We are responsible for our own behavior. Your quit is your own. Hopefully, your partner will be inspired by your success and choose to make the decision to follow your example. If not, your quit is still your own and you will benefit from all of the rewards that Exsmokers enjoy. That is a tough one because I always enjoyed hanging out and having a smoke with others but we both know that ultimately it is a fail because it is so harmful to do. I would choose not to think about it while your partner is out there. Keep yourself busy and take some deep breaths of fresh oxygen not carcinogenic burning leaves.

0 Kudos
scetha

Hello... like many of you am new to this and my quit date is Jan 15th, also am new to the area where i live so i dont have much of a support system right now, my husband supports me on this but he is smoker himself and he has been really good on keeping it away from me, my main trigger is being bored as i stay home all day....

0 Kudos
dyanne3

Ok, today is MY day!  I feel like I have prepared myself for this as best I can and now I just have to stay busy and avoid the triggers.

Good luck to us all!!!  

Happy New Year - the year to be free of cigarettes!

0 Kudos