Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kody2

January Quitters

THIS MY 2ND START  WILL JOIN YOU ON QUIT DATE

Tags (1)
478 Replies
dia

Yes, I quit on 1/11/12.  Today marks 7 weeks.   I have good days mostly but every now and then I have a bad day. 

0 Kudos
vicki34

Doesn't look like anyone has been on here for a while.  I thought I'd check-in and see if there were any updates.  I quit January 2011 and remain an ex-smoker today!    

0 Kudos
msm719

hi there! Mine is January 12.  Trying to cut down over the holidays and give myself some time to be successful come my quit date.  We can do it!

0 Kudos
KV01

Good thinking! I'm doing the same. Its a good idea to practice what you will do to get through cravings now...will you be using nicotine replacement therapy?

0 Kudos
cherwhat48

I am do to quit jan 1st i am nerves. I have tried so many times and couldnt .I cant tell may family because they think I have quit a long time ago...

0 Kudos
melissa66

Hello. Found this website yesterday, less than 24 hours ago. My quit date is Jan. 9th. Right now I am recording my smoking triggers/times. Looking forward and trying to stay in the moment, and just learn how to use EX etc. especially making friends and using the message boards! Really found this sight a great resource so far! Happy Day to you all!

0 Kudos
KV01

Hey Cher, 

Welcome to this group! I can understand why you are so nervous! But what you have chosen to do for your health and quality of life is one of the wisest choices you will ever make. I truly believe that.

Quitting is scary, we've become so dependent on nicotine that the thought of removing the drug from our lives can feel like losing everything sometimes. Try not to think of it as "giving up" smoking and think of this as "getting rid" of a lethal addiction. 

Maybe there is one person in your family that will not judge or chastise you for struggling to quit. Perhaps there is another ex-smoker in your family that will understand? Its important to have a strong support group to reach out to when you quit. 

If you can't reach out to your family just yet, don't stress about it. You have a whole community here who are going through/have gone through exactly the same thing. Keep close to this online community!

You can do this!

0 Kudos
KV01

Welcome Melissa!

I'm glad that you and some others have found this group! We are going to need all the support we can get once our qiuit dates start arriving. It looks like Cher is going first!

I'm recording my cigs too. I've noticed that since I've started logging them, I've smoked less. Not a whole lot less, but 3 or 4 less cigarettes each day. Just paying atention to the triggers helps a lot. 

Stay close to the community...we're all going to have a healthier and happier new year!

I can't wait to start celebrating months without smoking 🙂

0 Kudos
dyanne3

Hi!  Do I have to do anything special to join your group?  I am new and didn't see a "join group" option...

Thanks!

Dyanne

0 Kudos
quickdoughts

Hello 🙂 I am new to this type of thing but have heard it helps.  My quit date is January 3rd!  I am scared that I cannot do it.  I have tried several times before, but this time feels a little different because I really really want it.  I feel what you are going through Cher, I also cannot tell my family because they also believe that I quit a long time ago when I had a health scare.  I pray that this time will be different and hope that I will be able to find support in this group.  It is encouraging to see so many people in the same boat as I am as well as those who have been successful in their journey.  I hope that we all can free ourselves from this horrible habbit soon 🙂

0 Kudos