Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kody2

January Quitters

THIS MY 2ND START  WILL JOIN YOU ON QUIT DATE

Tags (1)
478 Replies
firebabs

Well sounds like you all are doing better than me.  Day 1 and 2 I cheated myself.  Day one i smoked 7 cigarettes, day 2 I had 3 and today, day 3 I had one.  So I guess I am getting there,.  The urges aren't bad and my dog and husband are still with me, haha, so I haven't been moody.  I am trying this cold turkey, and I chew regular gum, dinner mints, lots of water, and hard candy.   Try to stay busy.  No rain today, so am going for a walk and take deep breaths to help clear the cobwebs out of my head and exercise.  Good luck to us all on day 3.

0 Kudos
sc-m27

Day 3 smoke free 🙂

0 Kudos
mike-freeman2

Happy New Years all,

This is my second time to quit. First time I quit for 5 years while married. I started shortly after the divorce last year. I really showed her. 🙂 I used Wellbutrin last time which really messed with my head, so this time I'm going to try the lozenges. 16 hrs in and I've only had to take two of the lozenges. I can attest to the better/healthier fitness if that is what you are after. I started running a lot of 1/2 marathons and generally leading a healthier lifestyle. The smoking quickly extinguished those fitness gains. In closing good luck to us all. Hopefully I'll see you out on the road or on the trail  racking up those miles. An older gentleman once said that every he imagined his shoes as erasers, wiping off all the bad things that he put into his body with every step. 

0 Kudos
pj58

To Mike Freeman:  thanks for the story about shoes being erasers.  I think that will be very helpful to motivate us quitters to do more physically and to keep us motivated.  Thanks again.   PJ 58

0 Kudos
tripp25

Hey guys, I'm a 35 year old man who has been smoking since I was 12, heavily.  2011 is a big year for me and I am determined to quit smoking.  Hopefully we can help each other.

0 Kudos
jaimly

Day three is/was/going to be tough...first work day! Made it through the whole day even the comutes smoke free. Challenge two, i have pool night tonight at a BAR, where i know i'm going to have a drink....Can i make it through....I KNOW I CAN (just needed to sike myself up)!

0 Kudos
firebabs

Hey Mark, I like the shoe and eraser.  I plan on doing lots of walking to keep myself busy.

0 Kudos
dcgriffon

I quit on New years day - had my last cig at midnight new years eve. Not doing so good. Went two days with no cigs but had one this morning with my coffee. Help!

0 Kudos
boondog

Shoes as erasers, simply brilliant. That will be on my mind for a while and I'm sure it will help.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
wannalive

day 3...sucking on lots of peppermints...craving comes and goes...

0 Kudos