Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kody2

January Quitters

THIS MY 2ND START  WILL JOIN YOU ON QUIT DATE

Tags (1)
478 Replies

I just joined the site.  I am going to set my quit date toward the end of January.  I have been off and on all this past year, though I started smoking about 10 years ago.  I have learned that I really need to set myself up for success in quitting, rather than making empty promises to myself and then going back to the pack whenever I felt OK doing so for whatever reason.  I'm really looking forward to getting and giving support -- it's the main reason I took to this program vs. other less social methods.  Look forward to interacting with you all!

0 Kudos
jennifer1981

I set my quit date as 1-1-11 when I started back smoking on Thanksgiving. I quit for 3 weeks and everything was going great until black friday shopping...I am now fully committed to doing it and I will not be a smoker for the rest of my life. I am doing it this time and I'm sticking with it. 🙂

0 Kudos

Hi, I mirror everything you all have said here. I have been a smoker for 39 years. Wow. I've never seen that in writing. I always imagined I was a part time smoker, a casual smoker, not really a smoker (except when I felt like smoking). I don't believe I ever really quit without cheating, except while I was pregnant. I was a bartender for 18 years,so add in the second hand smoke (which was horrible), and It's pretty scary. When you are in the restaurant business you recognize that the majority of people you work with seem to be smokers. There is a certain cameraderie that can't be denied. I REALLY want to quit and for me that is a first. I've always known I "should" stop, but i've never really truly wanted to. I hope that will make a difference this time. And asking for your support will also be a first. Thank You in advance.

0 Kudos
slurmarie

January 1st seems to be the big winner and I'm in! I've never truly tried to quit before because I knew if I was half-hearted about it it would never work, but now feels like the time. I went for a walk the other day and realized I'm 23 and I got tired after about ten minutes. We weren't even going uphill! And LaVonda I feel for you. I live with my step-dad who's a pack a day smoker, and he has no interest in quitting, but I guess nobody every said this would be easy.

0 Kudos
pinkpetals2

Count me in!  My quit day is 1-1-11 also!  I am new to this site, but not new to the whole quit smoking thing!  This is attempt #, well more than I can remember.  I have smoked for 28 years and my last attempt to quit was about 18 months ago.  It has taken a lot of courage just to get back up and try again.  I have felt very positive about the steps I've taken to prepare this time, but must confess today has been difficult and my nerves are shot!  I haven't ever used a support group before so maybe this will help.   One thing for sure it feels better just knowing I'm not the only one going through it.

0 Kudos
tony51

well here we go 1/1/11 the day of all days it is it. looking forward to quiting. I am also new to this site so I plan on using it alot do to the fact that I have tried to quit many times before with no sucess. So all of you non-smokers lets ban together.

0 Kudos
pj58

Hey all,  Haven't written for a while.  Busy with xmas and all.  But am looking at calendar and realizing that 1/2/11 is fast approaching.  I am a mix of feelings scared and excited I guess.  Been practicing gearing up to quit, but with all going on, not as religiously as I would have liked to.   Not too much happening till Sunday, so I can fully dedicate my time and energy to the prequit program, I want to give myself as much a fighting chance as possible.  Someone please explain the  oft repeated nbsp and the 1&#39:m to me.  PJ

0 Kudos
pj58

Tony,   I believe that we can all be those NON smokers we want to be, if as you said we ban together, and fight this "Good Fight"  with and FOR each other, our family and friends, and ourselves.  I promise I will use you all as much as I need to,  to stay NOPE.  Hang in everyone     PJ

0 Kudos
becky7234

Ok, I'm going to try. The nicotine draw is strong, but when I smoke I feel physically ill. You would think that alone would make me quit. I get dizzy after I smoke...why?? I very often can't even finish a whole cigarette. Of course I save the 1/2 for another time. I feel embarrassed in public! I hate the smell on my hands. So many reasons, but  it's the crave that sends me back. I really do hate it. Really! 😞

0 Kudos
lois2

We will ban together, we will be strong for each other, we are going to kick the BUTTS hooray

0 Kudos