cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cess101

I am new -- Cess101 Standing By

Hello,

I am new to Become An Ex but not new to quitting. I quit on Oct. 12, 2006 and wish to be of support to other quitters. I came here from Try To Stop and also hope to see a few of my TTS'er friends come aboard soon to meet up with me. In the meantime, I look forward to browsing around. Where do I start? Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
29 Replies
manofsteele

Welcome to another WINNER !!!

Congratulations Cess 101 .....

I am celebrating 51 smoke free months July 4th and luving every minute of it.

I also came to help others be successful with keeping their quit. I am big on helping others build a strong smoke free foundation so they will overcome any excuses that life try to throw their way.

I have set up some groups here and think many of the members could be encouraged and inspired from stories about your smoke free journey. Please feel free to join and post in any of the groups I have started and the forum is an active area that always can use good advice from people with experience and long quits.

Wishing you continued success ..... and if there is anything I can do for you please ask ....

Ray
0 Kudos
manofsteele

Welcome to another WINNER !!!

Congratulations Cess 101 .....

I am celebrating 51 smoke free months July 4th and luving every minute of it.

I also came to help others be successful with keeping their quit. I am big on helping others build a strong smoke free foundation so they will overcome any excuses that life try to throw their way.

I have set up some groups here and think many of the members could be encouraged and inspired from stories about your smoke free journey. Please feel free to join and post in any of the groups I have started and the forum is an active area that always can use good advice from people with experience and long quits.

Wishing you continued success ..... and if there is anything I can do for you please ask ....

Ray
0 Kudos
barbara42

HI Cess101,I am so happy to welcome you,you long timers do not realize the kind of help you give us. it is like pulling a very heavy load up a hill and all of a sudden here comes our help.so proud to say that this is the seventh day of being smoke free
0 Kudos
barbara42

HI Cess101,I am so happy to welcome you,you long timers do not realize the kind of help you give us. it is like pulling a very heavy load up a hill and all of a sudden here comes our help.so proud to say that this is the seventh day of being smoke free
0 Kudos
cess101

Hi and Happy & Healthy 2009 to all you quitters! Just checking in. I notice a couple slip ups but am glad to see that the Quit-O-Meters keep ticking on for everybody. Right? Keep in touch, especially you former TTS'ers (would love to hear from you.....) and post before puffing :<) I am going strong at 2 years, 3 months; WHEW!!! Took that 6 in 2006 and made it a 9 for 2009. Keep up the good quits.

cess101
0 Kudos
rj_

Mark, yes there will come a time when urges are gone, thoughts are rare, any you will pity active junkies.
RJ Free at Last 497 days after 32 yrs
0 Kudos
edith2

Hello Cess101! I just joined this site last July right after my 4 year mark. This website is great and I've met so many wonderful people here! I would just jump into the discussions and blogs to start. Give us your feedback!
0 Kudos
tasha3

Hey! Welcome to BecomeAnEx!!!! Glad to have your support - there are many on here struggling with this addiction! We need ya!!!
0 Kudos
bobbi2

Hi Bobbi here,
I will have my two years March 27, still do have hard times but will never give up!!!!!!! As Dory in Nemo said just keep swmming, I say just keep trying!
Hugs and prayers to all,
Bobbi
0 Kudos
cess101

Hi Bobbi and Congratulations! Remember when we were counting down those miserable first few weeks. This is sooo MUCH better. Let the countdown (or should I say "countUP") continue...... It's good to hear from you, always. Don't forget to checkout some of the new Success Stories on TTS website too. I still miss that place.

And to everybody else here....."Never Quit Quitting! You Can Do This!"

cess101
0 Kudos