cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

IronEagle36

Helping Adult Quit

One thing we can all agree on for the most part is that we are all here for some type of support. Now support for everyone is different, no matter if the individual is in direct contact with individual or groups, or other individuals are just reading and taking in all the concepts, ideas, and recommendations of all the support being given. The main focus is getting the important aspects from the support being given or offered and using it as the power to hopefully meet your goal, which is to quit smoking! My success has been about six years now since I have stopped smoking. I can be honest I did not know this website existed and I was to proud to call a hotline or ask for help because I thought I would be judged! Support groups are there to prevent the amount of judging and hopefully eliminating any form of judging if there would be any. We all started for different reasons, either through stress like myself being deployed overseas or other people who endure stress or other key driving factors that took them to smoking. My best advice is to take what you can from support. Do not be afraid to ask for it as well as maybe fail a few times, but that is ok, we are human! I look at support kind of like looking at high school or a job. When in school, teachers tend to say, if you take anything from this lesson, class, then it means you have been successful to degree. For work if you learned the training and your doing the best job you can do with that training then you are being successful to a degree. Success is measured in steps, some people will excel in the support arena and maybe make their goals faster, others will take a bit longer. Just remember that if the person that took longer reaches their goal as did the individuals who excelled, what does that mean? If you answered they were both successful in reaching the goal then you are correct. Do not be afraid of support! So many people like us are out there and we can help each other! Stay safe!
Labels (1)
1 Reply
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@IronEagle36 Are you helping another adult quit or are you writing in terms of you as an adult and quitting?

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos