cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

adrian3

Fishing Lovers Quitters

I would love to join this group because I love to fish and I could get help trying to quit smoking.This may bea dream come true for me.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
42 Replies
ceray

I NEED TO QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have no choice.  I have to go in the hospital the first of 2010 and have a triple by-pass.  They can` t give me a triple by-pass because I have diabetis.  They are going to do a double by-pass.  I live on Oneida Lake in New York where they have the bassmaster elite tourny and I fish every chance I get.

0 Kudos
sara-louan

I figure that I need at least 4 replacement activities...1. activity, with my hands...with my mouth....and with my body......Love to fish, love home, would love a partner to enjoy life with; ok, that's what, 5-7 replacements?  Anyone interested in exploring all of the opportunitiess we have, with me?

0 Kudos
sara-louan

Cerau, just think of all of the extra fishing you can do with the money not going to an addiction that is harming your body..

What kind of fishing do you akin to?

0 Kudos
sara-louan

v-mike,

A challenge for encouragement...

If i set my goal to complete 3 extra fishing trips per year...I figure that I will have seen all of the water and fish that I want to see in four years...I do love to fish! 

Try it if you like,

you can do any amount of fishing you want : )

0 Kudos
diane49

it's going to be alot easier to fish without having to keep my cigarettes dry! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

0 Kudos
denise14

I love love love to fish with my husband at Black Lake NY where we have a cottage.  This will be my first summer fishing and not smoking. I am on day number 43 of not smoking and this is my 6 or 7th try and think this might be the one.  fishing should be a lot easier when I don't have to try to do everything with a cigarette in my mouth!

0 Kudos
v-mike

fishing is my time to decompress,yes,there is some pressure sometimes,like when a paying client cannot seem to hook into anything,except the bottom.But mostly,it is a time that i use to restore my mental health.i am now committed to restore my physical health as well.while fishing has always been an activity that was well suited to my smoking habit,i will LEARN,just as i learned to incorporate smoking,to eliminate smoking from my most treasured passtime.

as we say in fishing:"i'd rather be lucky ,than good"

soooo..wish me luck and i will do the same for you all

Mike

0 Kudos
tmspok

Love this idea. Love to fish and as odd as it might sound, i rarely smoke while fishing, UMMMMM? Lets think about that a second, UMMM? COncept?

0 Kudos
pig_brotha

Hey all you fish heads!

Glad to see some quitters here that also fish. I’m on day four smoke free. Haven’t done too much except concentrate on not concentrating on smoking. I was hoping to do some fishing this week but it is too cold & windy here in GA. I need to organize my tackle and reline some reels but my garage was my “smoking area”  as well as my equipment area so I’m trying to avoid the urge  by avoiding that places that I always smoked in.

Maybe Mrs. Pig Brotha will let me use the living room for a few days… probably not. She has seen the mess I make while I’m “cleaning”.

The way I have this figured is that  I should be able to buy one Bandit 200 series crank bait per “smoke free” day or one week equals one Luckycraft lure.

I’m going to start chewing the patches that I wore yesterday. A little maple syrup should help the taste.

Tight lines,

Pig Brotha

0 Kudos