cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

krissy23

First Day, Any Tips??

Hi, I'm Kris. This will be my first full day of not smoking, which is the reason why I joined this site. It's pretty cool so far, by the way.

My reason for quitting is because I'm a Christian, and it's not a good look. There's other reasons, but that's the most prevalent.

I am a student, and I have a very stressful job. I also volunteer frequently which I plan to keep doing in order to stay busy. There's a lot of room for error, but I don't want to fail.

Feel free to add me as a friend, I need all the support I can get and I will return the favor. 🙂

0 Kudos
5 Replies
christibro2

Hi, I'm Chris, I am 3 days in and smoke over 2 packs a day. Since here I have cut down to a bit under a pack. We are both newbies so welcome. Contact me any time. We can do this.  Good Luck, hope to hear from you soon.

0 Kudos
bojana83

Kris hang in there! 🙂

For me it worked to, first of all, not overstress about quitting, but just tell myself one day "I am not going to BUY cigarettes today".  I guess all we can do is take it day by day. Tried to keep myself busy with anything, just to keep my mind of cigarettes, and ate EVERYTHING in sight.  Just try to put off that trip to the gas station, or even if you bought a pack, try to put off that cigarette and not reach out for it right when the craving hits. 

You can do this. 

0 Kudos
halfpint

I just joined and I am trying to quit. Any pointers 

0 Kudos
mona13

Me too and for the fifth time want to give up

0 Kudos
Nyima_1.6.13

Hi Chrsti and bojanna...

halfpint and Mona, join us on the blogs. That's where everyone hangs out!

0 Kudos