cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MistyNoMore

Hi

Not sure if I'm doing this in the right place, but Hi, I'm Joan.  I started Chantix 5 days ago and have set Saturday May 18 as my quit date.  I'm 54 and work in a law office.  It's highly stressful work and I am lucky in that I can take a couple of weeks off from work to quit this awful, insidious habit.  I have smoked since I was l7 and now am beginning to wheeze and...this part is gross...in the mornings I sometimes have mucous in my mouth.  I think those are signs of COPD.  I am heavily addicted however and have only tried to quit two other times:  Once I lasted 3 days and the other was when I was pregnant...I cut down in half during the pregnancy.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yaya2.6.10

Welcome!  We all hang out in blogs so go there to post.  You will get more comments and see many more blogs from others.  You can do this.  I smoked for 45 years and Quit at the age of 62 which was more than 3 years ago.  When you get to blogs, folks will post links for you to read and educate yourself.  I'm impatient with the computer so will leave it to others to do that.  

0 Kudos