cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DoHardThings

Dunked my vape today!

Jump to solution

Hello all! This is my first post so I hope I am doing this right:/ I wanted to share that I just put my vape in a glass of water today and do not want to buy another one!

I have tried quitting a few times now, but have not been successful 😞

SO this time I am using Nicorette gum to keep the cravings at bay. I’d love to get any support here, and also please comment if you have feedback around using Nicorette! I believe this time is it for me!! I’m so tired of the vape controlling me rather than the other way around. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Barbscloud

@DoHardThings That's great!  Welcome to the Ex.  

Learning about nicotine addiction, having a plan in place, and support from fellow quitters has helped many of us be successful.   It took me 50 years, but finally got it right when I found the Ex. Using aids really helped me -- used Welbutrin and nicotrol inhalers. 

This link has some great information to get your started. 

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Also, join many of us on the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.

Here are some great post from the Mayo Clinic about using NRT/aids.

To NRT or Not to NRT – That is the Question - EX Community

Trying to decide on a short-acting nicotine replac... - EX Community

Better Than Turkey: Using NRT to Manage Cravings - EX Community

Perspective on Nicotine - EX Community

Medications and Myths - F.A.Q.'s - EX Community

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Barbscloud

@DoHardThings That's great!  Welcome to the Ex.  

Learning about nicotine addiction, having a plan in place, and support from fellow quitters has helped many of us be successful.   It took me 50 years, but finally got it right when I found the Ex. Using aids really helped me -- used Welbutrin and nicotrol inhalers. 

This link has some great information to get your started. 

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Also, join many of us on the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.

Here are some great post from the Mayo Clinic about using NRT/aids.

To NRT or Not to NRT – That is the Question - EX Community

Trying to decide on a short-acting nicotine replac... - EX Community

Better Than Turkey: Using NRT to Manage Cravings - EX Community

Perspective on Nicotine - EX Community

Medications and Myths - F.A.Q.'s - EX Community

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

Barbscloud

@DoHardThings I forgot, there's a fairly recent Quit Vaping Group.

Quit Vaping - EX Community

Barb

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @DoHardThings My name is Quiana, and I am a part of the EX Team.  I wanted to reach out and personally welcome you to the EX Community! This is a very supportive community so feel free to keep us all posted on your quit journey reach out and let us know if you need anything.

Here are some articles that might be helpful as you prepare for your quit date: 

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/get-ready-to-quit/right-before-you-quit/

https://www.becomeanex.org/ex-resources/about-quitting/get-ready-to-quit/3-ways-to-get-your-support-...

Quiana, EX Team

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Congrats! I was thinking about getting a fume inhaler. Supposed to be all natural. Have you heard of those?

ReallyReal

Hello @DoHardThings How are you doing with your quit?  I used the gum when I quit smoking 150 days ago.  It helped immensely and I am really happy with how it worked.  I was quite compliant when it came to following the directions and I am now off the gum as well as off tobacco, having tapered down the gum use over time. I still carry a couple pieces with me just in case I ever feel like I need it.  Hope your experience with the gum is positive.  Anyway, best wishes to you on your quit.  Let us know how you are doing.

0 Kudos