cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

formykids

Day 2..

Ahhh..Day 2. I went to the gym last night, I had Coffee this morning without a Smoke!! Fruit Flavored Nic Gum is my friend. I think my body is fighting me though, I am actually coughing a lot, and its not that pleasant.
Go Ahead! Fight me! See who wins this!

Hope everyone else in the June quitters in staying strong.

--Tom
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
krystlewing

Tom, your body is fighting you because you are still taking nicotine. Please read my post on eye redirection, I think it can help you. Krystle Wing
0 Kudos
cindy25

Nic gum got me through the first week. I only chewed one or two pieces per day to take the edge off the worst craves. It was a Godsend!!!! Try not to chew too much of it though. Continue to use alternatives for craves, ice water, regular gum, beef jerky, suckers, eat an apple, etc. Cough all that crud up and feel clean!!!!!!! Stay Strong!
0 Kudos
emtgonenutz

Even tho it doesn't feel like it, the coughing is great....it's your body "cleaning out" your lungs. All the "little hairs" in your lungs are waking up again as they are paralyzed when we smoke and sweeping the crud out like little brooms. That's a great first sign of being on your way to becoming an EX! It should only last a couple weeks, according to my doctor anyway, and you'll be able to breathe much easier. I'm actually looking forward to the cough because especially in the night I have trouble taking deep breaths and when I wake up an cough up all that stuff it helps (till I have that morning smoke...ugh, can't wait till those days are long gone!).

Hang tough! Best of luck, and God Bless you!
Tanya
0 Kudos