cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

phillip6

Dads

hey i just made a account on here and i'm a dad that wants to stop smoking for my son i'm a 35 year old be a smoker since i was 13 years old and now i'n trying to stop i have been using the patches and then the gum no help at all and i 2nd that i hope this works 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
proudpapa

hey i just made an account also.... im only 27 but have 13 years of smoking 1-2 packs a day. i have 4 kids that i love more than life. ive tried welbutrin and no luck. I wish you two all the luck. I just want to be done with it.

0 Kudos
davis32

Hey guys, decided to try to quit today.  I'm 32, and have a 2 1/2 yr. old daughter that I told myself I would quit for before she was born...still smoking and need to quit for my family and myself.  Good luck to us all, and keep me posted on the progress.  I used to think a support group for this would not help, but since no one around me smokes, this group will help because we know what we're going through.

0 Kudos
jay23

I've been married for five year to an incredible woman and I promised her from the start that when we have kids I would quit smoking.  Guess what...we're three months along and I'm soon to be a dad.  I'm 13 days without a smoke.  I quit twice before cold turkey and I decided to make the third time a charm.  My doctor prescribed some medicine which has been a miracle drug for me.  I feel stronger than ever.  If I can lend any support to any of you guys let me know. 

0 Kudos
showtime67054

How do I join this group?

0 Kudos
buddah_058

I am currently a father of a beautiful 15 month old. I have smoked for about 15 years or so. I smoke about a pack a day. and have tried to quit many times before. I have had some success with quitting in the past. I once quit for a whole month which I thought was impossible and just recently I had quit for FOUR months! I couldn't beleive that I had thrown all that away in a single day of having just one cigarette. I was a situation in which I went "I can just have one can't I...." The answer to that question is no. A resounding NO. It was very embarassing to have started back up, and it was a very slow process, bumming a cigartette here and there when I was out somewhere to then hiding packs from my wife to a complete total restart smoking just as mush as I did before, all from that one cigarette that one day. Well I hope to change all that, quitting gets easier each time I do it, because I learn from each unsuccessful attempt. I am seriously dedicated to quitting and my little girl deserves that from me, and so do I. I don't want to say the tired old cliche that this time is for real, but I am ashamed at myself for having thrown away four months of being quit and I must redeem myself. I know I cna do, and I will do.

P.S. Thanks for starting this group gasblood

0 Kudos
dadof3almost4

So I'm new to trying to quit.  I've been smoking for over 10 years now and my wife just gave me an ultimatum.  So now I'm on here.  It's just so difficult right now with all the bills and stress of being a parent.  I'm the only source of income for my family and it feels like no matter what, ends don't get met and i'm responsible.  I sort of use cigarettes as my only "out" that makes me sit back and relax.  I wish my wife would see that I'm trying....she's only a week off of cigarettes and has wellbutrin and the nicotine lozenges to help....I'ld use those too if I had any money left..  If feels like I'm just venting, but I'm craving a cigarette.

0 Kudos
muncyc63

hey everybody.  I am not yet a dad but I will be in 4 months and 4 days.  my wife and i are expecting a boy.  i quit once before just over 4 years ago, it lasted about 3 months.  i want to do this because i was raised in a house of smokers and that is what made me want to start smoking and i dont want my child to have to go through what i have.  i am completely new to this website so any help would be appreciated.  i am in the process of starting a medication.

0 Kudos
chris163

i am just starting this program and my quit date is friday the 5th of feb. any suggestions?

0 Kudos
walter4

Hey guys, i'm 43 been smokin since i was 13, I quit on march 12 2010. I have a 10 year old daughter who (like all of us) means the world to me.This is my third time trying to quit and i'm confident I can finally give up smoking.I'm using the patch and i'm not suffering the way I expected to.Definately havin my share of cravings but not as bad as i thought they would be.I'm proud to be a father who DOESN'T smoke anymore. Good luck to all we can do it for ourselves and our kids.

0 Kudos