Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

BecomeAnEX.org celebrates one year.

That’s right, its March 31st and we’re celebrating a year of live-online dedication to helping people re-learn life without cigarettes.

Chime in and tell the community how BecomeAnEX.orghttp://www.becomeanex.org/ has helped you, or your friends, get closer to becoming, and staying an EX.

Happy Anniversary BecomeAnEX!
EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
26 Replies

What a wonderful site this is for people who need support to quit - and who doesn't need support to quit???

It is great when you are talking with others who are going through the same thing, and can be there for you, reminding you of your goals, and how it does get better, every day. Also puts you in touch with others that are long time quitters, proving it can be done, and is done everyday!!! YES!!!!

Blogging on this site also keeps the fingers and hands busy, and occupies the mind, distracting those evil cigarette addiction thoughts.

I love being a quitter! And thank Becoming an ex for the opportunity to share the experience and learn from others. Helping others is an added benefit this site offers. Can't say enough good things....

THANKS!!!
0 Kudos
nikkie-noodle

I would not have been so strong without the support of my fellow Ex's! 19MAY09 *1 YEAR SMOKE-FREE* after 1 and 1/2 pack a day for 23years. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY EX!
0 Kudos
Jason

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO EX!! For those who do not know, I am the friendly, yet dorky face, on the beginning of the EX website welcoming everyone to the EX program. It warms the heart to know we have reached out to 12,000 reigstered members and countless others who have breezed thru and seen the awesome quit stories!

It has now been 3 years and 5 months since the last puff and my life is 110% better without nicotine's stronghold. Best wishes to all and hope everyone finds their big "WHY" reason in life!
0 Kudos

Happy Anniversary!!!

Eym Wit Cha!
0 Kudos
sarah31

Couldn't have done it without you guys!!!
0 Kudos
Robin-K

Well it's been 90 days and I never thought I would make it. I can remember when I joined this group and would see people celebrating there 90 days and thinking wow they did it! I feel once you get to 90 days you are passed the big hump. For me it's been the easiest quit I've done. I think mostly due to the price of cigarettes and this website, the friends I've made here. It's a wonderful support system this website! I've been reading my blog today and going back to day 1. It's really been a amazing trip to this big day! I'm so proud of my myself for doing this! Was the best birthday present I could give myself which will be on Sunday! I have found that my trigger is anger. So it's a good thing I don't get mad to often. lol.. I thought maybe stress would be a big one but it's not. I've learned so much from the people here and the website. To all of you that have sent me wounderful graphics and helped with your kind words. A big THANK YOU TO YOU BECOMEANEX AND MY FRIENDS!
0 Kudos
alison

I am looking forward to celebrating my 1 year anniversary with become an EX!
0 Kudos
keri

i wouldn't have quit without the support! i made it past 9 months, cold turkey! 🙂 looking forward to celebrating one year, soon.
0 Kudos
keri

happy anniversary, become an ex!
0 Kudos
val6

Congrats on your year, I celebrated my one year smoke free in June. You site provides great inspirational tips and advice. Between becomeanex.org and the use of the patch I have finally quit after many many attempts. Good luck to everyone on the board, I know you can do it!
0 Kudos