cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

barbara42

BABY BOOMERS ARE SPECIAL!

We may be getting older but do we have so many great memories? We are so lucky to have lived through some of the times that we have seen. I know that every generation thinks they had the best, but---we had the best music,stories,and people! RIGHT ON! PEACE!
Tags (1)
12 Replies
polly2

I'll never forget being 12 years old and making it into the movie theater to see Woodstock. It was rated R, due to the nudity, but most of my friends were older, so I guess I just fell in with them!! What an experience that was for me! When I look back to it now, many of those musicians who played were and still are legendary! A few summers ago I got to see Canned Heat perform at an SPCA concert! There was only one original member left, but they were totally awesome! Yes, the memories, the nostalgia will never leave me! I still have my almost 40 year old Levi's that are so patched up that you can barely see the jeans, other than the lower legs!! Thanks for inducing these memories Barbara -- music was what I lived for!!! Dig it!! LOL!
0 Kudos
jennie3

I have always had woodstock "envy" seem just like my thing
0 Kudos
zeke

I remember being about 7 or so and my uncle dropping my cousin and I off at the movie Concert For Bangladesh. My cousin and I thought it was off the chart cool. My sister was the Woodstock generation though I did charge kids to go into my room and listen to the Woodstock albums. "Gimme an F," by far made me the most money! LOL
When I think of the way I relieved my fellow kids of their allowance money I realize I was a young capitalist and fell prey to my product!
0 Kudos
barbara42

see what a great time that was? it even made money for future generations, and it is still as relavent as it ever was peace!
0 Kudos
heidi9

Baby Boomers are special 🙂 I just filled out a "ex" survey.., asking questions about what I did or did'nt like about this site. The only reason this site has been successful for me is because of this group and its members! It is your stories and support that keep me checking in every day! Now, I may not be a perfect fit for this group, being from a completley different generation.. but, any group that will amuse me this much and also keep me thinking "smoke-free" is special to me! Have a great night everyone!! 😄
0 Kudos
barbara42

THANK YOU HEIDI FOR YOUR COMMENTS. THAT IS OUR MAIN CONCER IS TO PROVIDE HELP AND LAUGHTER. YOU MAY NOT BE OF THIS GENERATION BUT YOU ARE TRULY A SPECIAL CHILD OF :THE FLOWER PEOPLE:, WE DO NOT JUDGE, WE JUST LOVE AND TRY TO HELP peace!
0 Kudos
heidi9

0 Kudos
polly2

ah, a young business man!!
0 Kudos
polly2

I love it how the 60's has held up over time! Glad you are here Heidi!!
0 Kudos