cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

2016 Quitters

another. Quit smoking, start living.     2) Burn calories, not cigarettes.  Kick the butt – you can work out and get a better one.     3) Smoking cigarettes is like paying to have your life cut shorter – the most foolish thing anyone can ever do.     4) Smoking does not make you a KILLER per se, but your heart will drown in GUILT if second hand smoke gave someone in your own family a life-threatening disease. Save a lifetime of regret – quit today.     5) Replacing the smoke on your face with a smile today will replace illness in your life with happiness tomorrow. Quit now.
Tags (1)
18 Replies
romino58

Hi, 

my quit day was February 5th..just 2 days ago.  It was supposed to be 1/27, and I just was't ready.  This thread is pretty positive, I need the honest reinforcement it provides.

Just tired of the tobacco.

sewright

Hello!

Today is Day 1 of my re-quit. After 41 years of smoking, I am tired of being out of breath, my hair and clothes reeking of smoke, late-night trips to the store for cigarettes, etc. 

Unlike other websites or apps, I like the philosophy of become an ex. The focus is on re-learning how to live your life without smoking. After 40+ years of smoking, I barely remember what life was like before I had a cigarette in my hand. 

I joined become an ex community for the additional encouragement and support of others on their journey to remain smoke-free. 
liana-h

My quit day was the17th of February
0 Kudos
thistime4

My quit day is coming up mid-March.  I have learned that getting stronger, in practicing self-control over 1 area of my life, does give me the courage and eases me into other areas. I'm grateful that one reminded me of this aspect at the start of this blog.

Congrats to all who have quit.  Best to all to stay as Ex's or non-smokers. I cannot wait to fill out a dr's appt form, where the question is asked, "Are you a smoker?" with 'NO"!

Looking forward to it. I know I've done it for 7 yrs before with no issue, but for whatever reason I sure let myself get tangled in it all again.

0 Kudos
neyhop7

My quit date was 1/1/16. I gave up and started cutting down. I was down to 4 a day however this did not make it any easer to quit. My real quit date is now 3/7/16 and I am on day 2 and just want to smoke so bad!!!!! Nothing i do is beating these stupid craving! Matter of fact everything i do makes me want to smoke even more. I wish this was not so hard!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Everyone!

Most of the activity takes place in the Blogs. You're welcome to post in Groups as well but they don't always get the same traffic(comments and views) that writing a personal blog might attract.

You can also check out our FAQs.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
piano-player

Hello, my quit day is 1/1/16.  Sounds funny, but I can go all day at work without smoking, be a social gatherings and not smoke, but as soon as I get home I light up. Doesn't make much sense does it. I feel like a closet smoker.

I am not the only one home that smokes which makes it hard, but I can't blame anyone else for my weakness.  I am ashamed of my habit want to be free from it.

Thanks for Listening

0 Kudos

day 1 for me
0 Kudos
caligirl61

Happy Sunday Everyone. I just set my Quit Day which is 05/20/2016 . I am a restless Person which makes me smoke too many Cigarettes . Anyone can share or have an Idea   how to prepare for THAT QUIET DAY and how to cut back now ? Kathee how did Chantix worked for you ? 

0 Kudos