cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

justinb77

1 Day Down!

Hey yall, I've been smoking about a pack a day for over half my life (32 now) and just quit today.  Had my last cigarette at midnight last night.  It was the day I had set.  I figure....instead of worrying about how I'm gonna get through the week, the month, etc without a cigarette, I made it through today and now on to tomorrow! 

It is tough but the health benefits, money savings, and pride will be well worth it.  I went ahead and bought a car freshener and I must say.......my ride smells NICE!  Something that I've been trippin out on all day is the fact that my hands smell normal and not like cigarettes?  WEIRD! 

Anyways, good luck to all who are quitting with me and a big CONGRATS to those who already have!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
andrea32

I have been smoking about the same # of years. I started smoking in high school -- my dad is a heavy smoker. I am 32 as well. I had my last smoke on Sun after the super bowl. I have gotten rid of my ashtrays, and have been using the nicorette gum. 

I'm with you -- the health benefits and not having my clothes smell like smoke. Oh, and the $$. Im in Chicago and smoked American Spirits (you know the 'natural' ones!) and they are $11 a pack.  I smoke less than a pack a day, but 3-4 packs a week...that's some serious cash. I am too smart, pretty and awesome to keep smoking. 

Let's stick with it and say Up Yours cigarettes! 

0 Kudos
justinb77

Awesome!  That's exactly what I did.  Made Super Bowl Sunday my last day so that football season would be over and I wouldn't have the tempation of picking up a beer; since I've always craved a smoke at the first taste of beer....that's usually when I'd go from 1/2 - 3/4 pack in a day to 1 1/2 - 2 packs. 

I've been using the gum as well (bought it lunch time yesterday).  It does slightly take the edge off and allows us to focus more on the mental addiction first (which I think is more powerful). 

Anyways, thanks for the reply and let's get after it!  NOTHING should have that much power over us.  We'll get through today and then tackle tomorrow.  Good luck to you and please keep me 'posted' (pun intented)!

0 Kudos
lei

Hello...I also had my last cig. on sunday night...Had 3 nic gums yesterday and 3 today...Feeling pretty foggy..not able to concentrate ..I guess that is normal..

I wonder how long until it starts getting easier...1 day at a time..Stay commited.

0 Kudos
windsor2

I too have am on my second full day of not smoking. I am using the patch even though its the strongest. I know i have a long way to go. But believe it or not i already feel as if i have more wind. It's just the anoying cough that is giving me a headache. I'm sure this will pass.

0 Kudos
lucky5

i quit feb 9th ,i was going to do the gum ,but my husband bought me the safe e-cig ,so im doing that feels wierd to day i feel like the ad on tv, but i dont smell like smoke yes!

0 Kudos