cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

DRA73

Tormented

Hi everybody! I am so scared. My quit day is coming up soon. I don't feel like I am ready. Vaping has got a hold on me. I am tired of vaping! I really want to quit this vape. Stress is a huge trigger for me. What do I do about this? Is the nicotine patch worth it?

Doniele R Almanza
Labels (1)
3 Replies
MarilynH

Welcome to the community you've made the best decision that you'll ever make in your lifetime and it's definetly the best gift that any of us will ever give ourselves which is the GIFT OF LIFE, I'm not very tech savvy so I'm going to mention Nancy who does welcome with links for you read @YoungAtHeart please read everything you can because there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently it's not easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT with commitment and perseverance you will succeed in living a life of Freedom and you'll do it one vape free day at a time or hour minute or even a second at time deep breaths and when your day ONE arrives keep your mind as well as your hands occupied and at the end of the day you'll be able to say YAY for DAY WON with many more to come, you are do this quit believe it deep breaths you've got this! 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

@MarilynH 

I gave her the links in an earlier comment.

I just hope she reads some of it!  

@DRA73 

Be sure to change up your routines, stay busy, understand that the first days of your quit are going to suck  - you get through them the best that you can....because it WILL get easier - I promise!  Throw out all of your vape supplies when you quit.  Keeping any around is giving yourself permission to fail.  Stay close to us here and blog early and often; sometimes writing what you are feeling is enough to get past a difficult moment.

You CAN do this!  Lots of us have!  So can you.

Barbscloud

Good morning @DRA73  Being anxious about quitting is normal.  We've associated every activity and emotion with smoking/vaping.  I would  think about a particular situation and wonder how I would survive it without smoking.  That's why having a plan in place that includes what you'll do instead of smoking when you encounter those situation.  Having a plan and be prepared will build your confidence.

Don't overwhelm yourself by thinking about forever.  That will come as the days without vapping being to multiply.  The one thing that helped me overcome the fear was when I realized it was a choice.  I could smoke tomorrow if I choose to.  I only had to don this for one day.

Yes an aid can be worth it.  Many quitters on this site have used aid to quit including NRT, Chantix, and Welbutrin.   Some require a prescription.  Here's some information on NRT. I hope you find it helpful.

Nicotine Replacement - Yes or No? - EX Community

Stress is a trigger for most of us.   Instead go for walk, even a short one, will refocus your thinking. 

We're here for you so stay close and reach out if you need support. 

Barb