cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Wolfiebae

Alternative Therapies to Assist on your quit that helped me

I’m not one to try new things, I also struggle with getting out of my comfort zone. Quitting is more than just putting down the smokes and never buying them again. Simply going to the store is a huge trigger because habitually you want to buy those smokes. 

I went to my local cbd store and found some nicotine free hemp smokes with cbd and cbg before I quit and used them to help me cut down. And they were extremely helpful during the first 3-4 days of my quit. Eventually I realized they didn’t provide the nicotine relief and I didn’t want to buy anymore. They’re not completely guilt free but for someone like me, whose sensitive to nicotine filled vapes and excess nicotine from gums, patches and other things, it was a simpler way to transition into quitting completely.

Then I was able to focus on my diet that was contributing to my smoking habit. For me, caffeine, fast foods and dairy were huge triggers. I participated in an elimination diet (I chose a 48hr juice cleanse) to help me learn even more about what foods I had associated with smoking. It had more benefits as well! I also learned what foods made me feel good and which made me feel worse. Bye-bye inflammation!!!

After that was all in order, I decided to give NAD a try. NAD is used to assist the brain and provides coenzymes your body may need. The therapist that administered it recommended I listen to a cessation meditation during the treatment. Searching on YouTube I found an amazing one, whose voice and guided meditation was absolutely phenomenal. (Existotherapy, if you wanted to know the name) 

Giving myself more tasks to do has helped and I used classes on Coursera to help keep my brain busy and learning. And becomeanex messaged me daily on my journey, on my cellphone which reminded me of my goals, and had a clear cut format I could check. Solidifying my goals here helped me stick to my plan moving forward.

I do apologize for my lack of participation in the community here. I have read through many stories and also read many encouraging members spreading positivity which helped me with my own personal self love mantras. You all are doing amazing! Thank you for being here on this site and our amazing and beautiful planet earth!

Much love, positive vibes and remember to breath! 

Wolfie

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
2 Replies
Wolfiebae

Lol bleeping out scientifically proven, research backed therapy is exactly why I don’t participate in community threads.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Wolfiebae wrote:

Lol bleeping out scientifically proven, research backed therapy is exactly why I don’t participate in community threads.

A content filter doesn’t know whether a word is used in a profane context or scientific context. I’ve removed that word from the prohibited word list. However I don’t think many people would know what it means in your context, especially if it is an acronym.  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos