cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

mariafisher60

Seems Impossible

I have tried multiple different times to quit vaping. Every time I get a day or two, I've even gone five days, into not taking a puff off a vape, I find myself right back at the store buying a new one. I REALLY want to quit, but I need to find ways to subside the cravings. How do I keep my mind off wanting to take a puff off a vape? 

11 Replies
Barbscloud

@exit7rocks Glad you stopped by to update your quit numbers.   85 days is a fabulous achievement.   This takes commitment, so you must be so proud of your accomplishment.  Reward yourself to celebrate those milestones.   It reinforces the positive changes you've made.

You'll be ok stopping the gum.  Just wean yourself off by cutting back,  And remember, the nicotine in the gum does not go directly to your brain like smoking does, so you're really not absorbing as much nicotine.   You'll do just great.

I'm glad I chose to use Welbutrin and nicotrol inhalers and didn't really experience physical withdrawal symptoms.  

Reach out if you ever need some support on your journey.

Barbscloud_0-1687177975314.gif

Barb

0 Kudos
Arthielee

Prayer sister, ask Gods to remove the cravings and desires.  I am on day 2.  I glad we are in this together.  I love you sister 

0 Kudos