cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

thomashadley

Quitting

What has worked for you besides gum or patches?

2 Replies
MarilynH

A very good Monday morning @thomashadley for me after 40 years of smoking roughly 30 a day with at least a half dozen failed attempts it wasn't until I found this community after finding out that I have copd that I really began to understand this horrid addiction, please read everything you can because there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently it's not easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT with commitment and perseverance you will succeed in living a life of Freedom stay close because we're all here to help you in any way we can. I also drank alot of water and still do and I chomped on carrots and celery sticks to which helped me plus I kept a bag of sugar free mints around in case of of any unforseen cravings.....

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Hi  @thomashadley   Are you still smoking?  I know you had planned on quitting earlier.  

You're going to receive many different responses to that question.  After 50 years, many attempts, and at least 7 different aids, my quit was multifaceted.

I used Welbutrin, nicotrol inhalers, cessation class, cut down for a week on a strict schedule and was fortunate to find the Ex a week prior to my quit.  Support from other quitters has made the difference many.    

No matter what aid a person chooses (if any) , you still have to do the work.  I didn't do that in past.  I'd pick a date (a Monday of course), an aid and didn't have the knowledge or preparation to be successful.

Whatever you decide, join us.  We're here to support you.

Bar

0 Kudos