cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Nicotine Patch Users

I was on the 21mg for 4 weeks and it really helped me. I was really afraid to step down but really... I did not have any trouble. I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I was only on the 14 mg for less then a week then I just quit using them altogether. I have been totally off any nicotine for 5 months.
Labels (1)
49 Replies
elvan

maryfreecig‌ It looks like TheRizLV‌ responded to tom119‌ who was responding to hippyjeepchick‌...the old post is the one at the beginning but the bottom ones appear to be from today.

0 Kudos
maggierose01

Day one for me.  I am using the patch and it has worked well for me in the past.  That's kinda weird - if it worked well in the past why am I here???  🙂  Anyway, I am committed to getting these nasty things out of my life once and for all.  My dad has emphysema and COPD and that is my main motivation to quit.  I see him struggle doing everyday things.  I just want to be around for my family for a long time.  I have a beautiful granddaughter and I want to be able to play with her and have fun with her.  I want to be able to roll around on the floor with her without getting winded. 

As for the patch, it does have some side effects for me.  It elevates my normal BP a little but in the long run that is a small and unimportant.  I also have some achy pain in my arm but that ususally goes away after a few days. 

So...wish me luck - no, luck has nothing to do with it...wish me the WILLPOWER to get this done, for me, for my family.

0 Kudos
maggierose01

Day 8 and no smokes...certainly don't feel "home free" but I am taking the necessary steps to get there.

donna-lee

Hi

today is the first day with a patch and I have not had a cig.   I have been smoking for about 38 years and have quit for only a few months in the past.   I can say the patch does work if you go with the 10 week program.   My biggest mistake was after 4 weeks I stoped  using the patch, and though i didn't need it any more.   WRONG,  Once i started feeling better i would say 1 won't hurt me,  boy was i wrong. so this time I will go the whole 10 weeks even if i am feeling better.   my advise to you is to keep busy, go to places where you can't smoke like malls, and do some window shopping.  when you feel like you need a cig. stop and take 3 deep breaths.   I figure if i joined something like this it will help.  What's nice about this site is the support of others which is a big help.   I once joined a group and it help until the group support only last for so many weeks.    I wish everyone the best of luck and support.

awellman

Okay, I smoked my last cigarette last night about an hour or so before I went to bed. Also, put on a 21 MG Nico Derm CQ patch since my cravings are strongest in the morning. So far today has been great just a couple of "Habit Thoughts" that quickly pass when I say "No Ang, remember you quit". So far day one has been good...

kare30bear

I am going on Day 10 in the morning and have been using the patch the entire time. Day 3 was the hardest, but I have changed ALL of my bad habits and replaced them with new healthier ones. Instead of that morning cig, I immediately grab a glass of ice cold water and start my exercises. It gets testy during the tmes I am around other smokers, but I have surprisingly done better than I expected. 

I feel great!

katheen

hi, i'm kat for short. i haven't quit smokin yet. i broke my wrist back in oct. and currently waiting to see a surgion. i hope to do it by next year.

0 Kudos
jenn10

So, I actually started the patch 2 weeks ago and was still smoking 2-3 cigarettes a day. Then on Friday the 17th around 10am I smoked my last one. Being day three I'm feeling pretty good. I have a couple little cravings. I plan to go to step two on the 29th:) So far it has been working great for me.

0 Kudos
Diane145

So, how are you doing??  I quit on 1/21 by sheer coincidence and use of the patch.  I found 21mg was too much for me so I use the 14mg.  I forgot to put on my patch today.

Stay with it!!  Perhaps we can keep each other on track.

I wish you success!!

dlv

Hi Diane, actually I am doing ok so far 🙂 How is everything going with you? I am working on the habit part the most, guess I never realized just how much my every day life revolved around smoking.. The withdrawls was the worse!!! Even with the patch..

Oh yes, I totally refuse to ever light up again... & that would be wonderful to have someone like you, that knows what it is like trying to quit 🙂

I wish you success as well.. we can do this!!!!

0 Kudos