cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

ampan75

does it worth trying

Iam on day 5 on bupropian 150 SR. it's suggested by doctor. read comments from users on drug.com, astonished. read like miracle. I have not observed any effect so far. does it work?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

I have heard that it is helpful for some people.  Is your quit date the 10th?  Nothing will quit for you but I have heard of several people who were successful at quitting while using this prescription drug.  I believe that it lessens your desire to smoke and also helps with the withdrawal side effects.  Certainly worth a try.  Education and the support that I received here helped me a great deal.  Stick around and read, read, read!

Give it a chance. This kind of medicine does take a week or two to rev up so to speak. Meanwhile work your Quititude.

elvan

I think you need to read about addiction to nicotine and stay close to this site.  It isn't going to quit FOR you but I believe that it can take the edge off the quit.  You can do this...one step at a time.  I promise you that if you do the reading, you blog, you comment, and you pay attention to advice, it WILL get easier.  There will come a time when you will be surprised at how much nicotine controlled you.  Nothing is going to just take away the cravings, nothing that I know of.  

Wishing you well,

Ellen