cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

acon

Nicotine Patch: Reducing MG Cause Withdrawal Again?

Jump to solution

Hey Everyone! I’m coming up on 2 months since quitting vaping and 6 weeks since I started the nicotine patches and gum. I’m a little worried I am going to go thru nicotine withdrawal like I did when I quit cold turkey originally and since it was so horrible preparing for the worst. But I wasn’t sure if anyone on here who has done the patches, did you feel any withdrawal when lowering from the 14mg to 7mg patch and reducing gum intake? Would love any thoughts or advice so I’m prepared for what’s coming. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Barbscloud

@acon You could experience some withdrawal symptoms but nothing like stopping nicotine abruptly.  That's why you're instructed to reduce the dosages.

Remember you're the one doing the work--the patches and gum are an aid.  

"Is it hard to stop nicotine patches?

Most people stop using NRT when they feel they no longer need it. The amount of nicotine in NRT is lower compared to a cigarette. It also takes longer for nicotine to get to the brain and to give you a nicotine hit. This means it's much easier to stop using NRT than it is to stop smoking."

Congrats on your almost 2 month of success.   You'll be ready when it's time, so be proud of your accomplishment and enjoy your success.
Barb

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Barbscloud

@acon You could experience some withdrawal symptoms but nothing like stopping nicotine abruptly.  That's why you're instructed to reduce the dosages.

Remember you're the one doing the work--the patches and gum are an aid.  

"Is it hard to stop nicotine patches?

Most people stop using NRT when they feel they no longer need it. The amount of nicotine in NRT is lower compared to a cigarette. It also takes longer for nicotine to get to the brain and to give you a nicotine hit. This means it's much easier to stop using NRT than it is to stop smoking."

Congrats on your almost 2 month of success.   You'll be ready when it's time, so be proud of your accomplishment and enjoy your success.
Barb