cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Hockeymom7727

Moving down on NRT

Jump to solution

I am on Day 13 with 21 mg NRT.  Is it difficult to move down to 14 mg?  Any tips there?  I am concerned I could slip on 14 mg

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Barbscloud

@Hockeymom7727 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on day 13.  Glad you posted so we can get to know you and lend support. Since the nicotine is slowly released from the patch you should be fine.  You're slowly weaning off the patch, not stopping it abruptly.

Have you read material on the site about quitting?  Understand how nicotine addiction works and having plan in place to deal with craving, has made quitting smoking possible for many.   This link is a good place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

If you do notice a difference with the reduced patch, you'll be prepared.  Walking is great when we quit and so are deep breathing exercises. 

Barbscloud_0-1653145963715.png

No fears.  You're committed and have proven you can do it with 13 days smoke free.

Stay busy and stay close.

We're here if you need us.

Barb

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Barbscloud

@Hockeymom7727 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on day 13.  Glad you posted so we can get to know you and lend support. Since the nicotine is slowly released from the patch you should be fine.  You're slowly weaning off the patch, not stopping it abruptly.

Have you read material on the site about quitting?  Understand how nicotine addiction works and having plan in place to deal with craving, has made quitting smoking possible for many.   This link is a good place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

If you do notice a difference with the reduced patch, you'll be prepared.  Walking is great when we quit and so are deep breathing exercises. 

Barbscloud_0-1653145963715.png

No fears.  You're committed and have proven you can do it with 13 days smoke free.

Stay busy and stay close.

We're here if you need us.

Barb

Hockeymom7727

Thanks for the insight and putting issue in perspective 

SaraCatkins

I have the same fear. How long do most stay on the 21 mg patch? I got free patches from the quitline and they recommended to stay on it 4 weeks and then do 14 mg for 2 weeks and 7 mg for 2 weeks. Is that what most people do?

0 Kudos