harleygirl62

I was wondering if I may get free nicotine patches

Jump to solution

Nicotine patches 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JACKIE1-25-15

If you Call 1-800-QuitNow they can assist you for your resident state. Welcome to EX community.  We are here to help you.  Tell us about yourself. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

If you Call 1-800-QuitNow they can assist you for your resident state. Welcome to EX community.  We are here to help you.  Tell us about yourself. 

I been smoking since I was 14 years old and now I am 52 years old I would like to be done with cigarettes before my birthday and that is August that will be a birthday gift to me I smoke because it calm me down but that is not a excuse to say that 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your desire to quit. Let's us know when you begin your journey.

Barb

0 Kudos

Every time I say I am going to quit there I go with a cigarette I want to quit for me 

0 Kudos

I been trying to quit since last week but it's not working out 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@roseosborne2015 Good morning.   I saw you took the Daily Pledge today.  That's a great way to stay on track one day at a time.  As I suggested there, please consider creating you own post under Journal/Blog .   Since this was a old post by someone else, I afraid it may go unnoticed.

I'm glad you found us.  Many of us thought we could never do it, but the quitters here are proof it can be done.  

Use this time to education yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  Many have found success with knowledge and preparation.   It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful.  In addiction to some aids, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit.  For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

This link is a great lace to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Are you considering or using a quit aid?

Make the commitment and you can do this too.  We're here to support you on your journey.  So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. 

It can work for you if you make the commitment, educate yourself, prepare, and take advantage of all the great information and support here. 

Barb

JACKIE1-25-15

@roseosborne2015 Education is the key to a successful quit.  Relearning your thinking that you do not have to smoke would be a good start. It is false that smoking calms us.  They keep us worked up waiting for the next opportunity to get a fix. It is a process which takes time.  Making a commitment that no matter what is happening in your life that you will not smoke will get you to freedom from the addiction.  Treating quitting as an addiction from a drug, which it is will help.  Keep it simple Revised .  

JACKIE1-25-15_0-1616456290485.png

0 Kudos