cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Whitebeargirl

Help please! And Suggestions for Bible studies to help quit

Jump to solution

Hello there. I have been thinking about quitting smoking for some time now and have decided I really need to do this. My mom quit after several health issues and I don’t want to go down that road. But I am also scared of quitting. I cannot picture myself as a no -smoker even tho I know it is way better. I am scared of gaining weight. I dont want to do this with medication. I tried Wellbutrin last year and it did not go well at all as it made me more anxious than I already am, and crazy. It literally gave me crazy, harmful thoughts. I do have some NRT that I plan to use. But also I plan to use my Bible and prayer. With God, all things are possible. I am wondering if anyone has a specific Bible study plan they’ve used to quit. If so, please share.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
26 Replies
SuzyQ411

Today we will advocate for that @biscuit9  😊

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for mentioning it and hopefully you were able to bring it up to Todd  🙂 

~Margaret, EX Community Admin Team

EX Community Admin Team
SuzyQ411

Margaret @CommunityAdmin et.al. Yes, @biscuit9 and I were able to discuss this with Todd on Zoom today. I had a car appointment ater that and then dinner at my son's so have not yet posted the outcome of that productive meeting but will be posting the info tomorrow morning- it's now almost midnight so too late for me to get into it tonight. 

AmeMonzel44_

I do know what you mean. I am so scared because my mother quit due to health issues and just like you, I do not want to quit because of that. I want to quit for myself and stay that way. I am finding that prayer is the only way for me to start, because I am talking to a Higher power who knows what I am dealing with without judgement. I haven't found any bible verses just yet. 

Giulia

Perhaps:  1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it."

AmeMonzel44_

Thank you for this bible verse.

SuzyQ411

Great one @Giulia ~ Also @AmeMonzel44_ : another favorite of mine is Philippians 4:13~ " I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (KJV) BTW, have you seen the upgraded Bible Study thread? If not, you can locate it here:  BIBLE STUDY FOR A NICOTINE - FREE LIFE .