cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Brew0805

Combination

I just signed up today and set a quit date for chewing tobacco. I would like to use the patch and gum and I’m sure instructions will be provided but I would like to know if both can be used simultaneously or if you remove the patch while chewing the gum? Sorry, I’m a noob. Lol

JB
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies
excoach
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi,

Yes you can wear the patch and also use the gum (or lozenge) while you are wearing the patch. This can help with minimizing nicotine withdrawal. 

Here's some more info from our EX site about combining medications:

https://www.becomeanex.org/quitting-medications/over-the-counter-otc-medications/what-is-combination...

Let us know how you're doing !

~Margaret, EX Coach Team

MarilynH

Welcome to the community @Brew0805 you've made the best decision you'll ever make in your lifetime and it's definitely the best gift that any of us for giving ourselves the Gift of LIFE! Please read everything you can there's a wealth of information right here on this site to strengthen your resolve to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently it's definitely NOT easy at times BUT thankfully with commitment AND perseverance you can AND will be successful one precious day at a time or hour or minute or even second at a time, stay close and reach out whenever you need to or just want to vent we're all here to help you in any way we can....

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Brew0805 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your upcoming quit.  I'm glad the @excoach  answered your question about using combination quit aids. Some patch users have bad dreams wearing the patch over night.  That may not happen to you, but if it does, just take it off over night.  

No matter how you choose to quit, cold turkey or with aids, you need to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and have a quit plan. Many have found success with knowledge and preparation. It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful. In addition to some aids for my final quit, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit. For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

This link is a great place to start.
https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too. We're here to support you on your journey. So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Join many of us by taking the Daily Pledge. It's a great way to stay on track on day at a time.

Look forward to celebrating with you on the 11th if not sooner.

Stay busy and stay close.
Barb

0 Kudos