cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

dvodesigns

Alternative Therapy

I have found that self hypnosis works pretty well forr me however my withdrawal is actually need help any suggestions
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

Hi there everyone. I'm on my 13th day! Woohoo! I tried the first 5 days cold turkey & that was horrible. On the 6th day I got patches & things are going better, but I am a firm believer in holistic healing. Checking into yogo classes now that will fit into my schedule, but I have had 0 energy since quitting. I wake up tired, have to force myself to work (I'm a self employed painter) and collaspe when I get home. Does anyone have any suggestions for increasing energy level? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day!
0 Kudos
patrick8

Hey everyone, I did the laser on Sept 9,2009 and I had another session a week later. It was the best $199.00 I have ever spent or saved depending how you look at it. I tried all the nicotein replacement crap and never got nicotein out of my system, until the laser. I have been clean for 71 days and am feeling very, very strong. I mean like any addiction there are gray periods in the day but man I can say its a piece of cake now. I know I'm not at the top of the hill yet but, it ain't that step anymore.

NO NAPS ( N ever A nother P uff)

Patrick

0 Kudos
djeans

Hi - my quit day is the 25th and I'll be starting a herbal remedy - NicRx. Energy is something that I rarely have these days, but this herbal remedy is supposed to help with mood, energy and cleansing. I'll keep you in mind as I continue my journey and if I come across anything I'll let you know.

Blessings to you.

0 Kudos
djeans

Well, I just noticed that the two posts here are pretty old. I sure hope you both succeeded in your quest.

0 Kudos
wind

Hi Patrick, where did you go to get the treatment. I just joined the group last night. I have tried a ton of stuff to do to quit for 5 years now and am still smoking. Maybe this laser thing could help me.

0 Kudos
lynette4

How wonderful 4 u and urs!!!!

0 Kudos
sfaoro

You know, I'm not so sure what's going on with this, it may be just a suggestive type thing or maybe it just relaxes you to the point you get a good nights sleep and feel better the next day.  The only thing I know for sure is I need every little bit of help I can get so I'll give just about anything a try, (except nicotine substitute).

0 Kudos
Linda142

Has anyone actually had hypnosis and found it helped, I wonder if it would help the wretched mind games we suffer?

0 Kudos
helen13

Several years back I attended a group hypnosis for quitting smoking. I know one thing... there were certain things said that i remember today... mostly about the chemicals... how it takes 1 hour for your body to clean out the methane from one ciggarette..... so imagine when we smoked all day!  Anyhow, I think ideas can be imbedded into our thick skulls if we want to listen. I also know several people who went for hypnosis one on one and they quit without as much discomfort as others....

0 Kudos