cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kuymuchulol

The trigger is… work

Jump to solution

It’s hard when I have used vaping as an excuse to go outside. You know, when you just want to get away for a moment from the chaos? I’ve never been a social smoker, just one that does it in solitude.

Interesting how this will play out. My plan right now… take every day, every trigger, one thought at a time. catch myself when I have thoughts, and ride it out…
#almostthere! 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
champsin97

Just take it one day at a time.  Sometimes on hour at a time in the begining.  Stick to your plan.  Use your tools.  Pledge everyday. Post here when you need support.  We are all here for each other.  Stay close and stay strong!

View solution in original post

Barbscloud

@Kuymuchulol I can honestly say that at times smoking was a great way to remove myself from the chaos at work.  But it was also a great way to socialize with people I would never have met otherwise.   

Your plan is the right track.  One day at a time will take you where you want to be.  Have you identified some tools to use when you have a craving?   Go for a walk, do some deep breathing exercises, come to the Ex, etc.  Keep yourself busy and distracted.

Glad you reached out so continue to do so.   We're your biggest supporters.

Barb

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You got this @Kuymuchulol ! 

Quiana, EX Team 

EX Community Admin Team

7 Replies
champsin97

Just take it one day at a time.  Sometimes on hour at a time in the begining.  Stick to your plan.  Use your tools.  Pledge everyday. Post here when you need support.  We are all here for each other.  Stay close and stay strong!

Barbscloud

@Kuymuchulol I can honestly say that at times smoking was a great way to remove myself from the chaos at work.  But it was also a great way to socialize with people I would never have met otherwise.   

Your plan is the right track.  One day at a time will take you where you want to be.  Have you identified some tools to use when you have a craving?   Go for a walk, do some deep breathing exercises, come to the Ex, etc.  Keep yourself busy and distracted.

Glad you reached out so continue to do so.   We're your biggest supporters.

Barb

Kuymuchulol

Thank you! And honestly, I feel lost on this journey, but coming here, I can just talk to y’all and that’s already starting to help. 
As mentioned above, The plan right now is to slowly wean it out. Noticing when I’m doing it and when I have the craving, don’t react right away and respond to the addiction. I’m hoping it’s a start. I’ve tried cold turkey before and it got way worse. Lol.

0 Kudos
Kuymuchulol

Thank you so much! Im trying to slow decline… the .. “left it in my car all

The way downstairs “ but I’ll say, the craving after dinner. And then when I wake up 🙈.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You got this @Kuymuchulol ! 

Quiana, EX Team 

EX Community Admin Team
Kuymuchulol

🤍🤍

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Kuymuchulol There is no right or wrong way to quit.  Along with some quit aids, I cut down for a week.  I had a strict schedule that worked for me. By day 7 I was down to one cigarette.  Have you considered using a quit aid?  

This link has lots of good information about tracking cravings, triggers, etc.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

A couple of posts from the Mayo about cravings.

Grounding Exercises to Curb Tobacco Cravings

Unlocking the Power of Walking: A Simple Solution to Curb Cigarette Cravings

Continue to reach out.  The support here was a major part of my success.

Barb

0 Kudos