cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brad1974

Sick of ecigs

I tried e cigs bc I thought it would take my mind of the bad stuff,but I found that I was in more of a depression than when I wasn't on an e cig

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Barbscloud

@Brad1974    Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.  Have you quit already or preparing for your quit?

t's important to understand that nicotine is an addiction.  When armed with that knowledge, quitting becomes more possible.  There are psychological habits attached also, so we have to work on both.  Early on it's the physical addiction we have to work through. The psychological part takes longer.  We've attached every emotion and activity with smoking so it takes some work to find new associations to replace the old.   

So educate yourself about nicotine and create a quit plan. Along with the support of fellow quitters these two steps has meant success for many smokers. 

This link is a great lace to start. Learn how to identify your triggers, the tools you'll use, creating new associations instead of smoking, etc. 

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too.  We're here to support you on your journey.  So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Start your day by taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track on day at a time.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
biscuit9

Are you saying you tried e-cigs to get off cigarettes?   

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Brad1974 Glad to have you here. Our Mayo Clinic team has blogged about finding replacements for tobacco products, noting that "Withdrawal can cause symptoms of anxiety and depression, irritability, and frustration." Maybe this post is helpful to you:Finding Replacements for Cigarettes, E-cigarettes, Chewing Tobacco, and Other Forms of Tobacco

You're not alone, especially when you're here in the EX Community.

- Megan, EX Team 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
dryflyfisher2

I’m new here going to finally stop with cigarettes.I’ve already cut way back!! It’s one of the hardest tasks I’ve ever started or tried to do in life!!

Kurt