cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

time does go by

joedice711
3 17 8

hi everone..the clock is moving i see..been doing a lot of reading around the site.i see we r all in the same boat.if you asked me.i wouldn,t believe i could ever give up my cigs. it has been so much a part of my life all my life..its a shame i don,t remember a time i didn,t smoke..i got through my drug addiction, been clean almost 15 years now..the smoking seems so much harder.doing it one day at a time is the best way i guess.all you people have been so much of a help on the ..... its early in my quit but i do feel bettermy breathing has improved 70% i started walking that helps with the cravings...eating like a horse..small price...  18 days free...

17 Comments
Zendlewise

Hi, good to see you here.  I didn't think I could ever give up cigs either---it was so entanged up with everything in my life---but here I am.  It does get easier, so keep that in mind, it helped me.  I am glad you are breathing better that is a big deal.  There are so many great things about not smoking.  Stay close.  Good for you on beating your addictions.

TerrieQuit

It does get better and better. You just have to give it time. Congratulations on 18 days. You are doing great. Keep moving forward!

Terrie  115  DOF

Puff-TM-Draggin

Good for you, joedice.  Good for  you.  

Nicotine, so I've heard, can be as hard, if not harder to kick than much harder drugs.  (Makes me feel tough when I say that.)  Oh well.  I'm entitled.  I started playing with cigarettes very young because I wanted to feel tough.  Guess that's always been an issue for me.  At least I'm wiser now and do it better.

Sometime I'll have to show you my prison tattoo.

Puff-TM-Draggin

THAT WAS A JOKE!  HA!  (I'm not really going to show it to you.)

Puff-TM-Draggin

HA!  That was a JOKE TOO.  (I don't really get a tattoo in prison.)

Puff-TM-Draggin

Okay.  I'll leave you alone.  (btw, that was a joke too.  About being in prison.  I really will leave you alone now.  = )

YoungAtHeart

Just keep adding the days and reaping the benefits.  There is no end to the good things that happen after you successfully quit:  increased self esteem, extra money in your pocket, taste and smell improve; clothes/hair/hands smell good, breathing improves, anxiety levels decrease, extra time in your days.......

Stay the course!

Nancy

JACKIE1-25-15

It is good to hear that you are doing well with your quit. Congrats on 18 days.  Your withdrawal systems should start to decrease a bit.  Onward Upward./

Terri103

Those are an amazing 18 days.  I want 18 days!  so guess what, I will have to do what you have done, saying NOPE and keeping away from my face.  That is how it goes, just keep taking steps forward, with those cigs behind you.  as the distance grows, hopefully just gets easier and easier and easier!!

elvan

Those eighteen days are AWESOME, I remember well how it was early in my quit and I can HONESTLY tell you that I rarely think of smoking any more and when I do, it is usually with some measure of disgust.  I don't like the smell, I hate the wasted time, and I am horrified at what damage I did to myself.  Keep stacking your days, it will get much easier.

joedice711

thank you everyone..no smoking here today,tomorrow and forever..  cravings are a little better..

summer-07-06-15

congratulations on 18 days  of freedom.

Congratulations On Your Success.

MarilynH

You are doing great 18 precious smoke free days and counting, one day at a time or if you do have a rough day which I hope you don't but just in case one hour at a time or if need be one second at a time but you can and will succeed in your quit because you are sooooooo much stronger than any craving .

Marilyn 

kristen-9-7-15

18 days is great!! Keep it up!

X4good

18 days is awesome!  I'm on day one - you give me inspiration 🙂

One day at a time, one day at a time.

bonniebee

Congrats on your 18 days Joe ! i am glad your breathing is better mine improved so quickly it was amazing to me !

Keep on keepin' on ! NOPE !

tanya2564

Keep going!!!!  You can do this and I will be right here cheering you on!!!  Thank you for your story...I thought that I was the only one that started young like that

About the Author
hi everyone.i started smoking at a very young 11 years old. though it was so cool back then. almost everyone smoked.51 years later..it was slowly catching up to me. thought about it for a whole year to I saw this site and made my choice to quit..year 4 mos later here I is..still cannot believe it..