Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

stress triggers

chriscrossedroots
0 11 19

hello all. 

it's been about 7 weeks since my quit, and my goodness, how things have changed. my social circle has completely changed - mostly gone, actually. i've been sick on and off the whole time. my weight has yo-yoed several times. my blood pressure is off the charts - and i'm only 28! i'm worried i won't be able to finish my doctoral degree, because i've put the last few things off too long. i started dating someone for the first time in a few years, but they turned out to be untrustworthy. all i want to do is stare at the wall. and i've decided that i'm moving back to the west coast this summer, after 7 years on the east coast. 

generally i've been pretty good without cigarettes. but wow, this has not been easy lately. the rug has been pulled out from under my feet. i have to keep reminding myself that cigarettes just delay dealing with the real problems. it's my way of escaping, of course.

i don't get on this site very much, because every time i do, it feels like an admission that i'm struggling. but that's what is so powerful about you all... i am struggling right now, and i don't know who to turn to, so ya'll are it. i appreciate the warmth from this community. thank you

xoxo - chris

11 Comments