Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

started

ms-sha
0 8 13

well is anyone there  i am starting today  help

8 Comments
lois2

let me welcome you and congrats on your quit . there will be some elders a long to give you advice on howw to stay quit and some reading, my name is lois  i am on day 4 but i am a big relaper.  NOT ONE PUFF EVER. you have come to t5he right place. 

Barbara145

Hello and Welcome.  You have come to the right place to quit smoking.  Up in the right hand corner of this page you will see search community.  Put in jonescarp.  Read his page.  Lots of good information on what to expect.  We are glad you are here.  Congratulations on quitting smoking!

Eric_L.

u can do this.  the most important thing that i can do besides not taking one puff is to bookend my days on this website.  going thru the blogs.  i cant make my smoking (or what i think of as self regulating my nicotine intake) go away by addressing my anxieties and fears etc.  but if i do first things first and not smoke i can stand a chance at being able to address my fears.

willingness not willpower.  u got this!

ms-sha

thanks barbara louis and all  i

my quit day is may 1 but im not trying to smoke like be4

ms-sha

yes eric  you  r  right about fears and willingness not will power lol  i  like that

joyeuxencore

Welcome!

The MOST important thing you can do is educate yourself about the nicotine addiction by reading, reading and more reading… Congratulations on the best decision you could possibly make for yourself and your loved ones…

We suggest a 'quit kit' composed of a list of distraction techniques and things to help you through like cinnamon sticks, crunchy things (carrots, celery, chips some hard candy, lots of water), lemons…biting into a lemon or sticking your head in the freezer and taking a deep breath gets you through.

It takes the mindset that we aren't giving up anything...we are doing it because we want to and not signing up for a lifetime of deprivation but a lifetime of freedom...that is the personal journey no one can take for us... xo

"YOU are worth SO MUCH MORE than a cigarette" xo

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf  Alan Carr free download

http://quitsmokingonline.com/

sparky26

Hello and welcome to the EX community. You could help us help you by telling us a little more about yourself. 

Great information from joy.  Read and blog , we are here to help you .

bonniebee

Welcome and God Bless you in your quit !