Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

my quit date is this Friday

wendyb67
0 4 7

Hello everyone,

This is my first time blogging here but not my first time to quit smoking.  I have tried sooooo many times to quit.  I have used the patch, the gum, the lozenge, even E-cigs.  I have an appointment with my doctor this Friday and i am going to get a prescription for Welbutrin.  I keep using NRT's that contain nicotine and I am having no luck with quitting.  I hear that cold turkey is the best way to quit but i dont have the will power to do it on  my own but i am hoping that using welbutrin will give me that little nudge that i need. 

I have been a smoker since i was 15 and i just turned 49 in January.  I have to quit this crap and get my health back. I am married to my best friend for 28 years and i want to be around to enjoy him for many more years.

Anyone that has used Welbutrin i would greatly appreciate comments about how it worked for you and any advice is also welcome!!! 

Thanks guys

Wendy

4 Comments
Dotgirl_1-28-16
Welcome to the EXCOMMUNITY Wendy! If you want to quit smoking you are in the right place. Congratulations on your decision to choose a quit date and for sharing your first blog with us! It's suggested that you follow the steps on this site to educate yourself and prepare for a successful quit. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Jeff121

Welcome Wendy, hope things go well for you. I quit on Feb 1st so I have made 29 days. It feels good. I had to change my morning rutine . Drink lots of water. I quit cold turkey and chewed lot of sugarless gum, that realy helped me. Keep coming to this site the people here are great. AND YES YOU CAN DO THIS!!

TerrieQuit

Hello and Welcome Wendy. I am on the wellbutrin. I was already on it when I quit this time, for a previous attempt that failed, just 2 weeks prior. I went back and they up'ed the dose (I am depressed anyway). I think it helped! I haven't smoked one for 239 days and I didn't use any thing but that and willingness, commitment. education about this nasty addiction and lot's of determination. You can do this! Read, read, read, I think education is the most important part of a quit! When Friday rolls around, here is a good group where you can come make a daily pledge not to smoke! It will strengthen your commitment! Please join us!

http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/forum/topic/8265780/march-into-march-with-a-spring-and-a-hop/

I won't Quit on my Quit!

Strudel

Hi Wendy! Welcome to the site! You are in the right place! Be sure to educate yourself about this addiction. It has helped so many of us! Check out the free on line version of Carr's book - 

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

Stick around - you can do this! I came here after smoking for 40 years. I did the reading and got the support here - and I quit!