cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

a little research on jonescarp aka dale's page...

Cindy210
1 14 43

I was reading Dale's page to find the definition of the "6%" (that's the percentage of quitters that make it one year) and discovered this post.  I think it is very true.  I hope Moody does not mind me reposting it.

" I was reading some blogs of people who are approaching their one year quit and they're reporting they're getting urges to smoke. It made me think, you know how people renew their vows after so many years of marriage?

Maybe we could use a renewal of our vows to our Quit, so I googled marriage vows and came up with my Quit Vows....

"Through the pressures of the present and the uncertainties of the future, I promise to be faithful to my Quit. I promise to love, honor and protect my Quit for as long as I am alive."

Have a great day and thank you for keeping us on our toes!"

THANKS DALE And MOODY for all your words of wisdom!!!

14 Comments
djmurray

We really should have a Like button.  I'm nowhere near my first anniversary of my quit, but this is fantastic.

Barbara145

I do!  519 days!

prjimm01

we should repeat that vow every day.

JonesCarpeDiem

I do

froguelady

I agree with Donna, we need a ike button. And to my the renewal of my QUIT vows, I DO!!!!!

elvan

I do, I do, I do!

tom119

I do

married to Quit for only 6 days.

I feel so free from something that gripped me tight for 13 yrs

bless you all, and CARPE DIEM

sparky26

Are you listening EX , the Donna 's say we need a like button .!

Aka Donna 

MarilynH

Wonderful blog and I do,I do and I do. Thank you for sharing. 

Marilyn 

bonniebee

Great blog and great idea and maybe I ( and other newbies) should make that vow with every new week !

summer-07-06-15

Great  I do recommit myself to stop smoking.

moody_9-18-13

Wow, Cindy! I remember writing that, thank you for posting it.  It brought me back to a time that I lived on this site! I still need to take a refresher from time to time just to feel the JOY of the new quitters as well as feel compassion for those who struggle.  

I will always be grateful for this site forever, as long as I live. Keep moving forward, Cindy! 

bonnie-12-28-14

But if we have a like button we might not read everything and get as much out of it.  Facebook is great but this is soooo much more important than facebook.  

NOPE

Minx

I would love to be able to 'like' comments - and maybe tag blog posts that I want to return to for inspiration.  Less than 3 weeks on this site and I have already read so much inspiring messaging!