cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Yesterday's fears

ReallyReal
6 4 234

Yesterday was rough, broke into tears when a woman I haven't talked to in awhile said, How are you?  How have you been doing?  And felt like punching a former smoking buddy when he seemed insistent that I take one of his offered cigarettes--so much for Rainbows-and-Unicorns-Raissa!!

That was yesterday.  Today is a new day--I will be at home, in my gardens, with my dogs and cats, with my crafts and books.  I will work more on my braided rug, I started knitting something--don't know what it is, a blanket I guess, I just had to do something with my hands when I couldn't sleep a few nights. 

Today I will keep the flame of hope alive that this quit is real, that it is my forever quit--and I will do what I need to do to make it so.

May today be filled with contentment for everyone who seeks it. Freedom.

4 Comments
About the Author
I am 59 years old and love my four dogs and two cats, all strays I couldn't turn away. I love to be outside in my yard, watching the birds or puttering around in the dirt. I am so grateful that I let go of those inner voices that kept telling me, It is too late to quit smoking, or, Why quit now? I am so looking forward to being smoke-free.