cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Yesterday's fears

ReallyReal
6 8 245

I had quite the battle with anxiety about going to work yesterday--taking smoke breaks to de-stress has always been a huge part of my work day, and lunch time was usually spent in the smoking area chatting with others.  But I prepared, had a plan of action to separate myself from triggers.  And something funny happened, which may not even be believable because it is improbable, but I will tell you anyway---two of my work friends whom I usually smoke with at lunch came to me asking for a smoke because they didn't have any cigarettes.  I gladly told them I had quit, (I had been keeping it to myself in case I failed).  That happened early in the day and the rest of my day was really good.  I took a few fresh air breaks by myself on the other side of the building and did not smoke.  I'm sure they got ahold of some smokes, but that is not my business!!  Today I am home and feeling happy.  Hope everyone has a good day.

Raissa

8 Comments
About the Author
I am 59 years old and love my four dogs and two cats, all strays I couldn't turn away. I love to be outside in my yard, watching the birds or puttering around in the dirt. I am so grateful that I let go of those inner voices that kept telling me, It is too late to quit smoking, or, Why quit now? I am so looking forward to being smoke-free.