cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

What the what?

MePlus3
0 14 78
110 days and I'm having smoke mares and wondering about "just one" thinking about the taste of one. I can say stress may be playing a role in this but I went from not thinking about them at all to the point I couldn't believe I used to smoke to thinking about it more often than I should be. Dreaming about it. I'd hate to have to start over so I won't quit on my quit. Something has to give though.
14 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Read all about No Mans Land.  You are experiencing the worst of it!  Just get through it.  It WILL end  just as suddenly as it came.  Use the tools again that worked early in your quit.  It is your addiction's final push - don't know why it happens, just know that it does for many.  My worst day was around 101 - so you are not unique!

Just hang in there a little longer!  Repeat (out loud if you can) - "I DON"T DO THAT ANYMORE!"  and then get your mnid on something else.  Shake your head, take slow/deep breaths, go for walk, sing out loud --- you know the drill.

Just a little longer.............I promise!

Nancy

sophia-22

Maybe listen to Allen Carr's book. I'm not in triple digits yet (68) but I can say I have those thoughts and had a few smoke mares but they are just the nicotine monster trying to weasle it's way back into your life. They are just thoughts, think them away don't act on them. Distract yourself and I'm sure it will pass soon. Deep breaths. Read your list of why you quit in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd_MTSQ6kNM

Daniela2016

It does happen from time to time, worse in NML than afterwards.  But it is not an order to action, just a thought about it. 

Let it go, change what you are doing, tell it "you don't do that anymore", walk away from the spot the thought came to mind, smile about it, take a walk, go outside and take a walk, I bet the cold will get your mind off it...

You can do it Kimberly, you've done it so many times before, just remember how good you are at chasing that thought away from your mind.

JACKIE1-25-15

The thoughts come and go.  You have to practice changing the thought, even if it means hollering at the thought. Tell the thought that it is a lie and you are not going to fall for it.  Tell the thought it can go somewhere because it is wasting its time.  Mean it when you say it.  The thought will go away.  Practice makes perfect.  Try it.

elvan

"just one"?  You know there is no such thing.  Smoke mares are annoying but you have control over what you do when you are awake and you can use all of the tools you used at the beginning.  This WILL pass.

TerrieQuit

Kimberly, you are thinking enough, that you came here and blogged! atta girl! You are gonna have the thoughts for a very long time. Keep brushing them off and keep busy! Trust me you don't want day one! Pay attention to what you are thinking about and doing and for goodness sake make sure there are no cigarettes in your reach and try to stay away from smokers! You had a pretty rough start, but you have come a long way!

Congratulations on 110 days! You will be grateful, you kept it at the end of the day! Hugs! I am glad you are here!

~Terrie~ 35 DOF   I Won't Quit on my Quit!

susan_m

You've come so far Kimberly - hang in there!  Congreatulations on 110 days!

crazymama_Lori

No biggy, perfectly normal.  Think back on how many years you used smoking for anything and everything.  Those pop up out of the blue.  You have to learn not to panic, see it for what it is, grab that toolbox, take care of it.  I'm at almost a year and from time to time I'll have a fleeting thought, but it's only a thought.  it's still fresh yet.  I need to make other memories now to replace those that were associated with smoking.......... you're doing fine.  take a deep breath.  Feels good, doesn't it?

Silverstar

Kimberly, don't make me come over there!!!  Kidding, but glad you blogged, and as a fellow traveler through NML, remember that a dream is just a dream!!!  A thought is just a thought!!!  You are in control, and You are an EX!  Cigarettes are crafty, and they want you to remember them fondly, but it is a lie, one you don't have to believe.  Believe in yourself, and the 110 Days of Freedom that you worked hard for and WON.  You can do this.  Don't Quit On Your Quit!

maryfreecig

Just remember, you are the treasure, not the cigarettes.

Stopforgood

Kimberly.  Big 110!!   A few more days and you're out of NML.  Your Quit is Solid!  Go back and read you early blogs, and remember the first 3-5 days, Hell Week, 1st Month,...NEF.   You never want to do that again.  You've got this! NEF NOPE SINAO...

bonniebee

The early quit is like a rollercoaster and it smooths out very gradually use your quit kit and keep on keepin'on ! It will pass and smoorh out you don't do that anymore and you have gained not lost anything of value !

Stay Strong  and carry on !  

Pops

All right Kimberly, I am going to try and explain some of the insanity that I experienced around the 100 day  mark in my  quit.  I was fortunate enough to not experience very  many  smoke mares, however, I did have some very stubborn craves that would come out of the blue.  These craves didn't appear to have any  real rhyme or reason.  But, they  were stubborn and seemed relentless nonetheless.  As time passed I began to recognize that somewhere recently, I had experienced an episode in my everyday  routine that I was continually thinking about.  (not in a very good way either)  In other words, I was experiencing a phenomenon that it commonly described as "stinkin thinkin."  Only when my psyche is in a peaceful state, can I experience internal peace.  If I am preoccupied with negativity, then I am most assuredly  going to exhibit negative traits in my  decision making.  I am only free to be peaceful after I have reached a point in my thoughts where I am thinking about positive events.

With that, I implore you to find some joyful elements in your life to think about, and let them encapsulate your psyche.  Children, accomplishments, milestones, sweets, hold a door open for a stranger...etc...From those happy thoughts come a happy day, and state of mind.

Pops

MePlus3

It feel good to know I'm not alone and it will eventually go away until then I'll use my quit tools and every single one of your advice!