cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Watching the ravages of Lung Cancer up close...And still wanting a cigarette!

lori.g
0 19 60

Well I haven't logged in or blogged in a week or so...I have been tending to my ex...the father of my children... while he finally lost his long, hard fought battle with lung cancer. How baffling it is to be watching someone you love in such pain and agoney...and be so stessed all you want to do is SMOKE! With only 30 days smoke free under my belt and watching my kids so heartbroken I was not prepared for what my mind was telling me..."just smoke a ciggarette and calm down..." OMG! REALLY? Was I insane?!? Fought my way through...have 35 days but be aware...at your lowest...the thought will still attack!

19 Comments
cookie804

Stay strong, I am so sorry for all  you are going through. I wish  I could be there for you. I am so proud of you that you did not smoke. My heart goes out to you and your kids.

God bless

Carolyn and Cookie

Magstoyou

Prayers to you  and your family!!!

(((((((((((((Huggs)))))))))))))

You didn't smoke, proud of you, take care of yourself!!!

Mag455d

Ms.J_11-10-2013

It is Evil and it has no shame, It just waits for you to have a bad, sad, scared moment and he attacks.  I wish there was a physical way to beat the living snot out of ole nic but unfortunatly we create him we are him.  So see you really do have the upper hand, let him know you are in control and no sleazy little rat like him is going to make you break, you need to be there for your children.

Deepest sympthy on your loss and please change your wording above.  It says with only 30 smoke free days under your belt, when it should say wow look at me with 30, yes 30 days of freedom already, I am doing this!

Keep up your quit you are doing AWESOME!!!!

xoxoxo

Jackie

MarilynH

God bless you, you are going through all this stress and you're not smoking. Congrats to you , you're stronger than you think stay strong. 

sparky26

Wow , so proud of you for staying so strong and not giving in or giving up and smoking , that was a big test and you stayed strong , good for you. 

Sorry you and your children are going through this ...stay strong.

YoungAtHeart

My deepest sympathy to you and your children.  That was a test - and you passed! 

Good for you!  Stay committed and don't let that smoking thought rattle around in your head alone.  I know it's difficult right now - but you still need to distract yourself!  Even slow, deep breathing, concentrating on each one in and each one out, and going slower and deeper with each round can get you through those thoughts!

Nancy

annb
My deepest condolences to you and your family. So sorry for this sadness you are bearing. You can be so proud of yourself for not smoking at such a time of testing. I know your children must be SO happy to have you quitting. BTW I'm just behind you at 30 days. Please feel free to msg me anytime. God Bless.
JonesCarpeDiem

life keeps coming, good days and bad whether we are smokers or not.

once made the choice to not smoke, takes on a life of it's own.

we can nurture it or extinquish it.

my condolences

SmokedOut041412

I offer my condolences on the passing of your loved one. Sadly, another victim taken.

An insidious addiction indeed. We must always keep our guard up.

Good for you for staying strong in your battle to remain smokeFREE.

Hang in there. 

Jennifer-Quit

My condolences - Smoking won't solve anything.....

karen230

I am so very sorry for all the stress and pain you and your children are going through. I definitely can believe that the nasty nicotine addiction tried to lure you back. We addicts have been conditioned to reach for that crutch when emotions are strong. But you sound very aware that giving aany attention to this reflex will only bring you more stress, saddness and misery. When I have been hit hard by that lure I tell myself that the imagined satisfaction of having a cigarette will only last a couple minutes. The consequense of having that cigarette will hang over my head for a long, long time. NOT a good deal!

My thoughts and prayers go out to you. You sound like a very strong and loving lady.

moody_9-18-13

So very sorry for your family's loss. Keep your promise you made to yourself to become an EX smoker.  You will never regret staying quit, you would forever regret becoming a smoker again....keep away from those things, you have a family who needs you.  

lois2

i am so sorry for your lost.prayers for you    and the kids.

Barbara145

My deepest sympathy to you and your children.  It won't be too long before you discover how much easier it is to deal with stress, cigarette free.

JulieSw

My condolences to you and your children.

Thomas3.20.2010

My sincerest sympathy for your loss! May the Good Lord wrap His arms around you and keep you safe! Your children need their Mother!

Michwoman

Prayers for you and your children. I'm glad you decided not to put them through that again!

lapicke

Shut your eyes and visualize the day before you ever smoked a cigarette. Remember what that felt like? Much better than the evil drug lord that's set up shop in your body. You are free - keep going!!!

lori.g

Thank u sooooo much for the love, support, and prayers. This community is absolutely AMAZING!!!!! I'm now at 46 wonderful days thank u all!