cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

WEEK 1 DOWN!!!

selmccal
0 7 15

Today is a wonderful, wonderful day everyone! Week 1 is done for no smoking! As of 11:02 AM this morning, I have been smoke free for 7 days. Today as been fairly simple for me only because I was excited to wake up and say, week 1 is done. BOOM! 

With that said, for some reason, yesterday was very hard in terms of sleep. I have been starting to lose some sleep I think because my body is obviously not used to supplying it with Nicotine on a daily basis. In the opposite manner, it's also extremely hard for me to stay super alert and awake throughout the day. I used to use a cig break as a wake up throughout the day but now I'm struggling a little with that. I tend to get tired mid-afternoon and I don't want to drink coffee that late as I feel as if I would be just replacing an addiction with an addiciton. 

I was thinking green tea would eventually be a good replacement. It might take a while to kick in as actually waking me up but I'm willing to wait if it means I stay smoke free. 

Happy Week 1 everyone! and everyone who has previously made it past week 1, NICE JOB! This is a feeling you cannot beat! 

7 Comments