cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Venting, not smoking

RainbowHeart
3 7 176

Today kinda stunk. I've been sick, and my doc put me on a steroid for my lungs. See, I have asthma and smoked for 40 years and any virus sends my lungs into a tailspin. So today was my 3rd of 5 days on this stuff and I hate it. I can't sleep, my head hurts, and this absolute RAGE for no real reason. I mean, of course there are reasons to be angry every day, everybody experiences anger and I don't think we should run from it, but learn to express it in a healthy way. But this is not anger, this is RAGE, and it means I am moving into a manic phase, which scares the crap out of me. I'll call both my docs tomorrow before taking the next 2 doses, to see if the benefits of the med outway the possibility of going full blown manic.

For a bit of insight, last time I was in a manic phase I quit my job, broke up with my boyfriend, and moved to a place I had never even visited. I bought an apartment sight unseen, and proceeded to live there for a year before coming fully out of it and moving back to my valley.

Also, the last time this happened I had no support at all and started vaping. That won't happen again because I have you guys, and NOPE365, and the Quitnet bunch over on FB. I also have a BUNCH of tools now that I didn't have before. Like coming here to vent, instead of sucking on poison.

I feel better for having vented. Thanks for listening. ❤️

7 Comments
About the Author
Hi, my name is Staci and I was a serial quitter for many, many years. I had my last puff in July of 2020. I live in Portland, Oregon with my parents. My cat died of lymphoma in February 2023. I suffer from Schizoaffective Disorder, Bipolar type, so if anyone wants to chat about quitting and mental health, drop me a line :)