cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Update

ShawnP
0 34 427

Thanks for all your prayers! I have been having pain in my lower stomach and it was especially severe on Saturday where it was hard for me to even take a step. I was trying to avoid going to the ER. Yesterday, at work, i was getting feverish and nauticious and decided that  i better go to find out what is going on. Not to mention that i was having alot of pain in the tailbone area. I think above all it was that pain that was difficult to deal with there. Those beds are horrible. So uncomfortable. After EKG (still not sure why that was ordered) and catscans, All is good. No appendiciits!  After getting my job last year to save my house, i didnt want to me out of work for any period. I had only missed 1 day. So This was all good news to me. Thank God. Now i just need to go back on my meds that i started off with last year after my endoscopy/colonoscopy.  I still have stomach problems but can be treated with meds and diet. I did find out also that i have degenerated spine with osteoarthritis. It was always something that i already suspected, not new news. Thanks again!! Love ya all.

34 Comments
rosemarymom

So good to hear from you!  Thankfully it is nothing serious.  You are very important to this site and everyone on it.  Take care of you!

Love & Hugs

cookie804

Thank God Shawn, I have been praying for you. The troube with your spine I can relate to. Just make sure you get plenty of exercise and vitamin D and calcium. I will keep you in my prayers as we both know---- God is the great physician.

Magstoyou

Aww Shawn,

Hope you feel better soon!!

((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

Mag448

JRC

So relieved. Take care.

sparky26

so sorry to hear this , sending you loving healing energy.

Thomas3.20.2010

So sorry to hear that you are in pain! But I'm relieved to hear that i's treatable! Take extra good care of yourself, Shawn and know that we are continuing o pray for you! 

constanceclum

so glad to hear that your treatment is doable. a lot of use would be so lost without you here. Hope you feel better soon.

suzanne41

hellbilly_va2

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Nothing worse than problems with your gutty works. Avoid nuts and seeds and see if it helps any. They seem to be the culprit in a lot of people I know with similar issues. Take care and rest up.

Junior7

Glad you got your health issues checked out!  Hope you feel better soon!

Deena-A-Yenni

Glad you are feeling better.

JonesCarpeDiem

feel better.

JonesCarpeDiem

digestive problems are nothing to sneeze at!

Michwoman

I have diverticulosis and I know how it is to have abdominal pain. Like Dale said - nothing to take lightly. Better to get checked out for sure! Glad you are feeling better!

LouiseR

Hope you continue to feel better.  Tummy issues are aweful!!

MarilynH

Whew !!!!!! Take extra special care of yourself, thank goodness you're going to be ok . I hope your stomach and back will feel better soon. I also have a degenerative spine with narrowing and the osteoarthritis in the lumbar area especially. I think age has a lot to do with it, take a nice hot bubble bath this evening.

Giulia

Hugs sweetie.  Hope the meds help.

Mike.n.Atlanta

;o)

KOKO,

M n @

johio

I am so glad you are better....

twty906

just seen your post- and also wanted to thank you for the 50 days surprise ")  hope you feel better soon- Debra twty906

Stac2

Glad to hear you are better sweet Shawn.  Love you bunches and bundles.  Sending soft  yet big hugs your way.  XOXOXO

exbeantown

Glad to hear you are better.

phyllis-12-7-15

((((SHAWN)))) Take care my friend.

froguelady

Take care of yourself, you are very loved here.

Osteoarthritis is not fun at all.  I have in my spine top to bottom.  Take care with you do and do not push yourself.  HUGS

Rick_M

Hey Shawn good to see u r on the mend. Take those meds my friend......

YoungAtHeart

So good to have you back.  No hospital stays are allowed for you - they are not good for your health!

Nancy

Julia_Amy

I didn't realize you were not feeling well.  Hope they can get it all under control soon!

moody_9-18-13

Thank God you are going to be ok! We love you so much and we need you to be feeling good, helping others like you always do.  Hugs,

Moody

promise_judy

Nice to hear from you. Had us all just a little worried. Take good care of yourself and I am keeping you in my prayers too.

XOXO

Strudel

Shawn - I am sending prayers! Feel better soon! I'm glad you went to get checked out....I sure hope things improve veey quickly! 

lois2

Take care, hope you feel better soon.

Sootie

Shawn---sorry-----I didn't know you were under the weather....hope you are feeling better REAL soon. 

jacks1125

hope u feel better, you give the best train rides !!

lindan_7-14-10

along with smiles :):):), kisses XXX, hugs OOO, and my love ♥♥♥

About the Author
I am 51 yrs old and live in the Greater Cleveland area. I started smoking at a young age. I think it was more peer pressure at that time and just a few cigarettes a day until i became "LEGAL" to smoke. I then started smoking a pack or more a day, using stress as my excuse to smoke more. In reality, I realized after i quit smoking that there is no excuses for smoking. I am approaching 4 yrs next month, but I still have to work to protect my quit. I am here on Ex faithfully helping others and in return helps me. We call it here on Ex "Collateral Kindness" here is a link to my blog, 1 yr later that explained my trials in the the beginning of my quit. https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2013/03/14/one-year-later