cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Update

joyamber
0 7 18

I just want to say how many people have touched me on this site. You are a great group of people who care about themselves to quit smoking and nicotine. I have just come to the realization that I am an alcoholic and have just started to go to A.A. meetings. I have found out that I personally can't quit nicotine lozenges or gum until I deal with my drinking issue. I am going to take Dale's advice and be deliberate about my quit when the time is right. I am also going to go to my doctor to make sure that I am on the right medication so I don't have to rely on nicotine to get through my days. I know this site is for those trying to get off nicotine and smoking and I know that I will get there soon. All of you help me believe that I can do this that we don't have to smoke or have nicotine to be happy in life. Thanks so much for being there for me and caring.  Love you all

7 Comments
LouiseR

You are in my thoughts and prayers.  You can do this and are going about it the correct way by going to AA and going to your doctor.  We are all here for you!

Ms.J_11-10-2013

Best of Luck to you Joyamber.. You are a strong person and you are headed in the right direction!

Jackie

agatka79

You can do this...you can do this...you will do this 🙂

linda.mustafa

Do what you feel and think is right but never ever give up, ok, stay positive and You'll conquer all of your addictions one by one !

All the best 🙂

JonesCarpeDiem

🙂

lois2

i am so proud of you Joy for getting help . good luck big hugs

Giulia

Addictions aren't that different, I imagine.  Conquering one helps you to conquer the next.  This may be a quit smoking site, but to my mind it teaches much more than that.  Because the journey to quit smoking is the same in many ways as the journey to quit any addiction.  It's, number one, learning about the substance to which we're addicted, how it transforms our minds and our relationship to it and to others. Then it's about learning how to change our minds and patterns of behavior to live without it.  It's a very personal and transforming journey not relegated just to quitting smoking. 

Sooooo, I suggest you stick around and keep reading the blogs on a daily basis.  Because I think the emotional, human, spiritual lessons are invaluable here.  No need to comment or make your presence known if you don't want to.  But keep a toe in.  And know we'll always be here for you.